    'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply supposed to be at the
    beginning or at the end of the message?
    Thanks
    Girl Jamie, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Girl Jamie

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Girl Jamie

    Boomer Guest

    Girl Jamie, <> wrote:

    > I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering
    > what the 'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply
    > supposed to be at the beginning or at the end of the message?
    > Thanks

    Hi

    Depends on the group.

    I prefer bottom posting, like reading a letter, but snipping the
    parts you are not replying to.
    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Girl Jamie

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:20:33 GMT, "Girl Jamie" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm not real experienced with the newsgroups so I am wondering what the
    >'rule' is for replying to a message. Is the reply supposed to be at the
    >beginning or at the end of the message?
    >Thanks

    Read some of the messages to get an idea on how a particular newsgroup posts
    replies. There is no 'rule' here. Some top post, some bottom post, and
    some post inside the original post. I bottom posted to you because your
    message was small and you don't have to scroll past a long message to get to
    the reply. In a long post, I sometimes top post so you can see the reply
    immediately. In a post with several questions, I space my reply after each
    question.

    Here's some posting resources:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.acor.org/faqs/lists/listgoodposts.html