    account that is first alphabetically. Is there any way to set up ONE to
    reply from the same account as to where the message was addressed.
    TIA
    BIGEYE, Feb 15, 2005

  2. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    Should read:
    Problem with OE6
    If I receive an email and click reply, in the from box it always shows the
    account that is first alphabetically. Is there any way to set up OE to reply
    BIGEYE, Feb 15, 2005

  3. BIGEYE

    PA Bear Guest

    It would appear that all of your accounts are "aliases" for one mailbox with
    your ISP. As such, OE will use the main account associated with the
    mailbox.

    However, Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default
    Main Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity
    (File>Identities>Add new identity). Assuming all is well, import messages
    from the old Identity before deleting it (File>Identities>Manage
    Identities).

    Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
    folders created for this purpose.

    Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
    compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

    Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
    corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

    PA Bear, Feb 15, 2005
  4. "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote in message
    > Problem with OE6
    > If I receive an email and click reply, in the from box it always shows the
    > account that is first alphabetically. Is there any way to set up ONE to
    > reply from the same account as to where the message was addressed.
    > TIA

    No ... I've already been through this with MS people
    Martin Harran, Feb 15, 2005