    windows 98SE

    Thanks in advance
    Denny B
    Denny B, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Denny B

    me Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    news:0xU2g.12935$...
    > http://www.mail-archive.com//
    >
    > I have just subscribed to the above Mail List. I can post to them
    > and I can read my posts on the list. Posters respond to what I have
    > posted.
    > However I cannot respond to posters in a thread because in my browser
    > there are no Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons for me to click on
    > and reply.
    > I have posted to the group stating I cannot reply to a thread and the
    > reply I
    > get is click on the Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons which is not
    > there.
    >
    > Will a knowledgeable person please help me to solve
    > this browser problem, assuming it is a browser problem.
    >
    > I run Outlook express V5.5
    > windows 98SE
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    Right click on the toolbar where the icons are,and you should be able to
    customise it from there,adding whichever icons you need. It should show you
    a list of icons you can add or remove
    me, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message news:8qW2g.3787$_c1.2271@fed1read05...

    > "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.mail-archive.com//
    > >
    > > I have just subscribed to the above Mail List. I can post to them
    > > and I can read my posts on the list. Posters respond to what I have
    > > posted.
    > > However I cannot respond to posters in a thread because in my browser
    > > there are no Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons for me to click on
    > > and reply.
    > > I have posted to the group stating I cannot reply to a thread and the
    > > reply I
    > > get is click on the Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons which is not
    > > there.
    > >
    > > Will a knowledgeable person please help me to solve
    > > this browser problem, assuming it is a browser problem.
    > >
    > > I run Outlook express V5.5
    > > windows 98SE
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > Denny B
    > >

    > Right click on the toolbar where the icons are,and you should be able to
    > customise it from there,adding whichever icons you need. It should show you
    > a list of icons you can add or remove

    Right click / customize still does not have the Reply or Reply All
    icons.

    Thanks
    Denny

    Denny B, Apr 24, 2006
  4. Denny B

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-23, Denny B <> wrote:
    > http://www.mail-archive.com//
    >
    > I have just subscribed to the above Mail List. I can post to them
    > and I can read my posts on the list. Posters respond to what I have posted.
    > However I cannot respond to posters in a thread because in my browser
    > there are no Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons for me to click on and reply.
    > I have posted to the group stating I cannot reply to a thread and the reply I
    > get is click on the Reply or Reply All or Reply Group icons which is not there.
    >
    > Will a knowledgeable person please help me to solve
    > this browser problem, assuming it is a browser problem.
    >
    > I run Outlook express V5.5
    > windows 98SE
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    You haven't said which browser you are using, nor what the other people in
    that mailing-list use to read and post via the web interface - or if they
    do.

    Do the other people use the web interface for responding? Mailing lists
    are intended to be used with an email client, and Outlook Express has buttons
    with exactly those names and functions. Perhaps that's what they are
    talking about? You read and reply using your email program.

    I'm guessing that you use 'Internet Explorer', but I am not using Windows
    so I can't test that browser. Using Opera, Firefox, w3m, Lynx, and Links,
    I can see no links or icons or buttons for 'Reply' or 'Reply All' or
    'Reply Group'; the only one is to send a personal reply to the sender of
    the message.

    Notice that the URL of the web site says 'mail-archive' in the name; an
    archive is just for reference purposes, not for taking part in a
    discussion. That site doesn't seem to be designed to work as a 'web
    forum'.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 24, 2006