    --
    http://steveblock.journalspace.com/
    http://www.block.plus.com

    Steve Block, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Steve Block

    gadge Guest

    Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:

    > I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
    > haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
    >
    > What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
    > anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
    > text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
    > wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

    yes

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_replyheader

    --
    Gadge

    http://www.btinternet.com/~gadgerama

    gadge, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Steve Block

    Steve Block Guest

    gadge wrote:
    > Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
    >
    >> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
    >> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
    >>
    >> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
    >> anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
    >> text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
    >> wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

    > yes
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_replyheader

    Thanks. I've spent all morning googling and couldn't find it. I'm sure
    I went through everything at Mozilla, but obviously not. Slightly red
    faced now, but thank you.

    Steve Block, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Steve Block

    Steve Block Guest

    gadge wrote:
    > Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
    >
    >> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
    >> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
    >>
    >> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
    >> anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
    >> text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
    >> wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

    > yes
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_replyheader

    Also, just realised it is not possible as of yet to place the message id
    in the reply header. That's a shame.

    Steve Block, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Steve Block

    gadge Guest

    Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 10:14 AM:

    > gadge wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
    >>
    >>> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
    >>> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
    >>>
    >>> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is
    >>> there anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before
    >>> the quoted text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message
    >>> id soandso wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

    >> yes
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_replyheader

    > Also, just realised it is not possible as of yet to place the message
    > id in the reply header. That's a shame.

    Give it time :)

    gadge, Apr 19, 2005