replies

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as irenemccallum continued:

    > hi, id ont know how to reply to a person. group is ok but what do i
    > do for person.
    > got thing with internet mail and mictosoft mail and other things .
    > donnt know which to pick.

    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT
    IHBT

    Doh !!
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 6, 2003

  2. hi, id ont know how to reply to a person. group is ok but what do i do for
    irenemccallum, Aug 6, 2003

  3. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    irenemccallum said:

    > hi, id ont know how to reply to a person. group is ok but what do i do for
    > person.
    > got thing with internet mail and mictosoft mail and other things . donnt
    > know which to pick.

    Right click the message you want to reply to and choose reply to sender, or,
    click on the icon next to reply group, yes the one marked reply.
    But you don't really want to reply to someone in a usenet post who has a munged
    address do you?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  4. slumpy

    Osprey Guest

    Glad you can understand these foriegn languages:-0

    Osprey

    Osprey, Aug 6, 2003
  5. slumpy

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Osprey bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > Glad you can understand these foriegn languages:-0
    >
    > Osprey
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> irenemccallum said:
    >>
    >>> hi, id ont know how to reply to a person. group is ok but what do i
    >>> do for person.
    >>> got thing with internet mail and mictosoft mail and other things .
    >>> donnt know which to pick.

    >> Right click the message you want to reply to and choose reply to
    >> sender, or, click on the icon next to reply group, yes the one
    >> marked reply.
    >> But you don't really want to reply to someone in a usenet post who
    >> has a munged address do you?
    >>
    >> --
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe ver 6 build 181
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref 01R205 03.08.2003

    can't beat a bit of top and bottom posting to throw you of the dcent ;-)
    Mcploppy ©, Aug 6, 2003
  6. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mcploppy © said:

    > Osprey bashed at the keyboard and said :
    >
    >> Glad you can understand these foriegn languages:-0
    >>
    >> Osprey
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    I agree :-D

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  7. slumpy

    Unknown Guest

    Sure it is. They speak english in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all
    of which are in Europe.

    Unknown, Aug 6, 2003
  8. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > Sure it is. They speak english in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all
    > of which are in Europe.

    No, they are in Great Britain.
    As I am in England, for me, English is not a foreign language.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  9. slumpy

    Unknown Guest

    Great Britain is not in Europe???

    Unknown, Aug 6, 2003
  10. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > Great Britain is not in Europe???

    Give it a rest, this was dragged to exhaustion the other day.
    No Britain is not in Europe, Europe is a continent, Britain is a group of
    islands west of Europe.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  11. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not part
    > of North America because they are islands?? England is not part of the
    > E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    I didn't say that, I said that Britain is not *in* Europe. Europe is a
    continent.
    Madagascar is not in Africa.
    Sicily is not in Italy.
    Tasmania is not in Australia.
    Corsica is not in France.
    Hawaii is not in America.
    Newfoundland is not in Canada.
    They may all be governed by those mainlands that they neighbour, but they are
    not *IN* them.

    The EEC stands for Europe Economic Community, not the same as Europe.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  12. slumpy

    DC Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Unknown said:
    >
    >> The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not part
    >> of North America because they are islands?? England is not part of the
    >> E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    > I didn't say that, I said that Britain is not *in* Europe. Europe is a
    > continent.

    Europe is incontinent?! Dammit! I moved here to get _away_ from you people!

    --
    DC

    When Microsoft starts making something that doesn't suck, it'll probably be
    a vacuum cleaner. -- PhotoMan
    DC, Aug 6, 2003
  13. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Unknown said:
    >
    >> The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not part
    >> of North America because they are islands?? England is not part of the
    >> E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    > I didn't say that, I said that Britain is not *in* Europe. Europe is a
    > continent.
    > Madagascar is not in Africa.
    > Sicily is not in Italy.
    > Tasmania is not in Australia.
    > Corsica is not in France.
    > Hawaii is not in America.
    > Newfoundland is not in Canada.
    > They may all be governed by those mainlands that they neighbour, but they are
    > not *IN* them.
    >
    > The EEC stands for Europe Economic Community, not the same as Europe.

    European Economic Community
    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  14. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    DC said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Unknown said:
    >>
    >>> The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not part
    >>> of North America because they are islands?? England is not part of the
    >>> E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    >> I didn't say that, I said that Britain is not *in* Europe. Europe is a
    >> continent.

    > Europe is incontinent?! Dammit! I moved here to get _away_ from you people!

    And I just realised that "unknown" is Bullis, so there is no way he will
    understand the difference between being part of a European community and being
    *in* Europe.
    Damn, he can't even understand "slash your wrists".
    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  15. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Unknown said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Unknown said:
    >>
    >>> The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not part
    >>> of North America because they are islands?? England is not part of the
    >>> E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    >> I didn't say that, I said that Britain is not *in* Europe. Europe is a
    >> continent.
    >> Madagascar is not in Africa.
    >> Sicily is not in Italy.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Italy is not a continent
    >> Tasmania is not in Australia.
    >> Corsica is not in France.<<<<<<<<<<<<France is not a continent
    >> Hawaii is not in America.<<<<<<<<<<<<<America in not a continent (North and
    >> south) Newfoundland is not in Canada.<<<<<<<<<<<<Canada is not a continent
    >> They may all be governed by those mainlands that they neighbour, but they are
    >> not *IN* them.
    >>
    >> The EEC stands for Europe Economic Community, not the same as

    > Europe.<<<England is not a member????

    Stop twisting things you fuckwit.
    Britain is not in Europe, as Europe is a continent, and Britain is a group of
    islands off the European coast line.
    So, no, England is not in Europe.
    Being in the European (Economic) Community and being in Europe, are not the same
    thing.
    How many more times do you need me to repeat myself?
    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  16. slumpy

    ilmc Guest

    Unknown typed:
    > The states have many, many islands along the east coast. They are not
    > part of North America because they are islands?? England is not part
    > of the E.E.C? What???????????????????????/

    <snip>
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe;
    every man ia a peece of the Continent,
    a part of the maine;
    if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea,
    Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were,
    as well as if a Manor of thy friends or of thine owne were;
    (this bit O.T)
    any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind;
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    (John Donne)
    ( Typed as faithully as I can manage at this time of
    night/inebriation(sic/hic))
    ilmc, Aug 7, 2003
  17. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:10:26 GMT, "Brian H¹©" <>
    proffered, in : news:m1fYa.6744$:

    > Newfoundland is not in Canada.

    Since you seem intent on picking nits, I shall give you a taste of your
    own medicine.

    Firstly, part of the province of Newfoundland, the bit known as
    Labrador, _is_ part of mainland Canada.

    Also, Europe's designation as a continent is highly suspect, since it's
    really only an overgrown peninsula tacked on to the butt-end of Asia,
    and left such as a nod to its socio-historical importance. If the
    geographic definition of a continent were to be applied to that
    landmass, we currently have Eurasia, and, prior to the Suez Canal
    severing it, we had Eurafrasia, one contiguous landmass. It might take
    you a while, but it is possible (or was before the Suez) to travel from
    The Cape of Good Hope to Nordkapp, Norway entirely on land, thus
    meeting the definition of a continent.

    --
    Though this be method, yet there is madness in 't

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html
    Max Quordlepleen, Aug 7, 2003
  18. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:10:26 GMT, "Brian H¹©" <>
    proffered, in :

    > Sicily is not in Italy.
    > Tasmania is not in Australia.
    > Corsica is not in France.
    > Newfoundland is not in Canada.
    > They may all be governed by those mainlands that they neighbour,
    > but they are not *IN* them.

    All of the above statements are wrong, although one is also right.
    "Italy" "France", and "Canada" are geopolitical, not geographical
    entities. "Australia" is both. Sicily _is_ part of the la Repubblica
    d'Italia, Tasmania _is_ a state of the Commonwealth of Australia.
    "Corsica _is_ a département of la République Francaise, and
    Newfoundland _is_ a province of the Dominion of Canada. With the
    exception of Australia, none of the geopolitical entities you mention
    are islands, therefore they have no geopraphical existence in and of
    themselves, outside of their politically defined borders, and those
    borders include the islands you mention.

    If you're going to be pedantic, try to be correct as well.

    --
    Good things of day begin to droop and drowse;
    While night's black Agents to their preys do rouse.
    Max Quordlepleen, Aug 7, 2003
  19. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Max Quordlepleen said:

    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:10:26 GMT, "Brian H¹©" <>
    > proffered, in :
    >
    >> Sicily is not in Italy.
    >> Tasmania is not in Australia.
    >> Corsica is not in France.
    >> Newfoundland is not in Canada.
    >> They may all be governed by those mainlands that they neighbour,
    >> but they are not *IN* them.
    >>

    > All of the above statements are wrong, although one is also right.
    > "Italy" "France", and "Canada" are geopolitical, not geographical
    > entities. "Australia" is both. Sicily _is_ part of the la Repubblica
    > d'Italia, Tasmania _is_ a state of the Commonwealth of Australia.
    > "Corsica _is_ a département of la République Francaise, and
    > Newfoundland _is_ a province of the Dominion of Canada. With the
    > exception of Australia, none of the geopolitical entities you mention
    > are islands, therefore they have no geopraphical existence in and of
    > themselves, outside of their politically defined borders, and those
    > borders include the islands you mention.
    >
    > If you're going to be pedantic, try to be correct as well.

    The point I was trying to make to RtS was, that as islands lying off the coasts
    of those countries, they are not *in* the countries.
    Brian H¹©, Aug 7, 2003
  20. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:TLmYa.6907$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:10:26 GMT, "Brian H¹©" <>
    ||| proffered, in :
    ||| All of the above statements are wrong, although one is also right.
    ||| "Italy" "France", and "Canada" are geopolitical, not geographical
    ||| entities. "Australia" is both. Sicily _is_ part of the la
    ||| Repubblica d'Italia, Tasmania _is_ a state of the Commonwealth of
    ||| Australia. "Corsica _is_ a département of la République Francaise,
    ||| and
    ||| Newfoundland _is_ a province of the Dominion of Canada. With the
    ||| exception of Australia, none of the geopolitical entities you
    ||| mention
    ||| are islands, therefore they have no geopraphical existence in and of
    ||| themselves, outside of their politically defined borders, and those
    ||| borders include the islands you mention.
    ||| If you're going to be pedantic, try to be correct as well.
    || The point I was trying to make to RtS was, that as islands lying off
    || the coasts of those countries, they are not *in* the countries.

    Well you're still wrong, Bozo.

    A country is a concept, not a physical thing.

    Australia is where Australians call home. Tasmanians are Australians.
    Tasmania is part of Australia, hence it's *IN* Australia,

    **** off back to England

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Aug 7, 2003