    modem. Any ideas?

    TIA,
    J.R.
    J R, Feb 21, 2004

  2. J R wrote:

    > I've got a LinkSys Wireless Router connected to my cable modem. The LinkSys
    > gets a WAN address from the modem using DHCP. I'd like to replace the
    > LinkSys with a Cisco 2621, but can't figure out how to connect to the cable
    > modem. Any ideas?

    'ip address dhcp'

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Feb 22, 2004

  3. J R

    J R Guest

    Marco,

    Sounds good, but doesn't work. Perhaps I should add that I'm running
    12.2(6r).

    Thanks for the effort,
    J.R.

    J R, Feb 22, 2004
  4. M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Feb 22, 2004
  5. J R

    J R Guest

    I agree, it looks like it should work, but the IOS will not allow that
    command. I think I'm just going to connect the LinkSys to my router.

    Thanks again.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/1rfdhcp.htm#1049289

    J R, Feb 22, 2004
  6. J R

    Joe Rankin Guest

    12.2(6r) is the boot ROM version. Be sure the IOS is at least 12.1(2)T
    or 12.2(3) or later. Also make sure you are issuing the command in
    interface configuration mode, not global configuration mode.

    Joe Rankin, Feb 22, 2004