    sensative receiver as i think the uni remote aint got the power to
    send properly ?

    Any ideas.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 22, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy

    Guest

    Why would you want to replace the IR receiver on the dvd player when
    it's obvious the problem is the universal remote and it's probably a
    lot cheaper to replace that than do what you suggest.

    , May 24, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Why would you want to replace the IR receiver on the dvd player when
    > it's obvious the problem is the universal remote and it's probably a
    > lot cheaper to replace that than do what you suggest.

    I have to tell you that a Logitech Harmony 880 solved *all* of my
    remote problems. I went from six different remotes to one perfectly
    integrated remote. Of course it did take a little tweaking, as
    Logitech's database isn't perfect. The Harmony series of remotes is
    great a learning, however, and after less than an afternoon playing
    with it everything works great. It's really nice to only have one
    remote to have to fool with. The wife caught on to it really quickly
    too.

    Heinrich Galland, May 24, 2006