    of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?

    thanks

    Baranggay Ginebra, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Baranggay Ginebra

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:48:37 +1300, "Baranggay Ginebra" <>
    wrote:

    >I want to replace my HD with a larger one. However I have heaps
    >of software installed on the old hd and I don't want to re-install all
    >of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    >way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?
    >
    >thanks

    Ghosting?

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
    > I want to replace my HD with a larger one. However I have heaps
    > of software installed on the old hd and I don't want to re-install all
    > of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    > way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?

    an imaging software tool like ghost or true image
    both cost($90, well worth it), although you could probably download them
    from some site or other if thats your bag.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Baranggay Ginebra

    colinco Guest

    In article Baranggay Ginebra says...
    > I want to replace my HD with a larger one. However I have heaps
    > of software installed on the old hd and I don't want to re-install all
    > of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    > way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?
    >
    > thanks

    Check the drive manufacturer's site for utility software to transfer to
    content of your old drive to the new one.

    colinco, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Baranggay Ginebra

    J.wilson Guest

    "Baranggay Ginebra" <> wrote in message
    >I want to replace my HD with a larger one. However I have heaps
    > of software installed on the old hd and I don't want to re-install all
    > of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    > way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?
    >
    > thanks

    I did this a couple of months ago. I used Seagate's Discwizard
    program, a free download, which did everything.
    Partitioned, formated and ghost copied. Very easy to use.

    J.wilson, Feb 13, 2005
  6. Steve Marshall, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Baranggay Ginebra

    Dave Taylor Guest

    colinco <> wrote in news:MPG.1c7a8a5be68f50569898b4
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > In article Baranggay Ginebra says...
    >> I want to replace my HD with a larger one. However I have heaps
    >> of software installed on the old hd and I don't want to re-install all
    >> of them on the new one. It might take a whole day. Is there any easy
    >> way to transfers these installations on the new hd ?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    > Check the drive manufacturer's site for utility software to transfer to
    > content of your old drive to the new one.

    Like Maxblast from Maxtor for instance.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 14, 2005