Replacing compact flash card on Cisco Concentrator

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Al, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Hi,

    We have a 3030 Concentrator that failed recently, giving the following
    message on the console at boot-time:

    Boot-ROM Initializing...
    Boot configured 256 MB of RAM.

    No IDE devices found...

    ....Boot-ROM Found No IDE Devices..!
    WARNING - If this message is seen then either an IDE device
    was not found or a valid main image could not be loaded!
    Boot code complete...

    It would seem that the Compact Flash card has failed - this happened
    during normal operation (it hung, we rebooted it & it never came back).

    What I would like to know is can we replace the card with any card
    bought from a store? What considerations are there for doing this - for
    example what format should the card be, FAT32? Can I try putting the
    card in a card-reader & seeing if I can repair it?

    Any help much appreciated as I haven't been able to find any
    information on this.
    Al, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Hi Al,

    This often happens during power interruptions.

    Cisco 3030 Concentrators are very hard and "expensive" to repair, so
    highly recommend that you immediately contact your local Cisco TAC
    Office:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tac-contacts-worldwide.htm

    Do NOT replace with "any card" bought in a store.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
    http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 14, 2006