    battery or are there other things that need to be done.

    Any advice would be helpful

    Chris

    Uncle Nobby, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Uncle Nobby

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <44ea266f$0$3220$>, Uncle
    Nobby <> writes
    >Hi
    >
    >The CMOS Battery require changing.
    >Is it just a matter of taking the old one out and replacing with a new
    >battery or are there other things that need to be done.
    >
    >Any advice would be helpful
    >
    >Chris

    Well I suppose your changing it because the system is losing its BOIS
    memory and after you've changed it you'll have to set those up again
    and then thats it....
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    Thanks for the comments

    Would I have to note every value in the BIOS and re enter it after
    installing the battery or are some item recognised at boot up.

    Uncle Nobby, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Uncle Nobby

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Uncle Nobby wrote in message
    <44ea2f52$0$3194$>...
    >Thanks for the comments
    >
    >Would I have to note every value in the BIOS and re enter it after
    >installing the battery or are some item recognised at boot up.

    Most everything should be detected by the system (processor, ram, etc). You
    would only need to reenter the date and time. If the hard disk does not
    boot, you will need to set Primary IDE 1 to "Auto Detect".
    If it is a very old PC, check to make sure you have that setting. If you
    don't have it, copy down the numbers. When you set the BIOS again, you will
    need to select "User Defined" and reenter those numbers. But that is
    generally only on very old PCs.
    ATAPI CDROM drives should be detected automatically.

    Ernie Werbel, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Uncle Nobby

    Plato Guest

    Uncle Nobby wrote:

    > The CMOS Battery require changing.
    > Is it just a matter of taking the old one out and replacing with a new
    > battery or are there other things that need to be done.

    Basically yes, it's that simple, just take care NOT to bend any battery
    holder pins too far up. I use a driver to "pry" out the old battery.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 22, 2006
  6. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    Thanks

    Uncle Nobby, Aug 22, 2006
  7. Uncle Nobby

    Amanda Guest

    Uncle Nobby wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > The CMOS Battery require changing.

    What signals/simptoms do you get that it reuires changing? I am
    curious.

    Amanda, Aug 24, 2006
  8. Uncle Nobby

    Uncle Nobby Guest

    I get the message that the battery is low.

    Uncle Nobby, Aug 24, 2006
  9. Uncle Nobby

    Plato Guest

    Uncle Nobby wrote:

    > I get the message that the battery is low.

    Replace the 3020 mobo battery. Cost's about $3.00

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 25, 2006
  10. Just make sure that you write down all the BIOS settings before you pull
    the old one. Generally, the defaults work but if you made any chages, they
    may be lost.

    Michael
    merryworks4u.com

    Hello Uncle,