    if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I replace
    the new one?
    Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    Fred J, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Fred J

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Fred J wrote:
    > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I replace
    > the new one?
    > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    Probably yes. But write down the configuration settings or
    highlight them in the motherboard manual before replacing
    the battery. After replacing the battery, boot the computer
    and go into bios setup. Re-configure the settings if there
    are any changes.

    Mistoffolees, Aug 14, 2005

  3. Fred J

    Old Gringo Guest

    Fred J wrote:
    > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I replace
    > the new one?
    > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    May be as simple as re-setting the time.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Fred J

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Fred J wrote:
    > > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I

    replace
    > > the new one?
    > > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J
    > >

    > May be as simple as re-setting the time.

    Fred,

    Open this site http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Build2-B.htm and scroll to
    'The Bios Battery - where it is and how to replace it'.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Fred J

    philo Guest

    Fred J wrote:
    > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I replace
    > the new one?
    > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    if your battery is now good enough so that the settings are not lost...
    you can prob. change it without loosing your settings...
    the settings may stay for several minutes or even longer...
    but as someone else mentioned...
    best to note your current settings

    philo, Aug 14, 2005
  6. Fred J

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Sure, easy for you, difficult for me.

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 14, 2005
  7. Fred J

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Sure, easy for you, difficult for me.

    Ann soon got you weighed up so why don't you take her advice i.e. There
    is always a lame ass mother fucker such as you that has nothing
    better to do, then to stick their nose where it doesn't belong. Shoo,
    little boy, go back to mommy!

    Emrys Davies, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Fred J

    Plato Guest

    Fred J wrote:

    > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I replace
    > the new one?
    > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    Yes the bios may revert to default. That's why one records the settings
    before you mess with things that may alter it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 15, 2005
  9. Fred J

    pcbutts1 Guest

    English not your first language?

    --

    pcbutts1, Aug 15, 2005
  10. Fred J

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Fred J wrote:
    > >
    > > I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    > > if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I

    replace
    > > the new one?
    > > Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    > Yes the bios may revert to default. That's why one records the

    settings
    > before you mess with things that may alter it.

    When you say the bios may revert to default, do you mean that it may
    revert to factory settings? If that were the case and the user or
    anyone else has not altered the bios settings in any way is there any
    point in making notes of the bios settings?

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 15, 2005
  11. Emrys Davies wrote:
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >
    >>Fred J wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have to replace the battery on the Mother board, my question is
    >>>if I remove the old one will I loose anything in the Bios till I

    > replace
    >
    >>>the new one?
    >>>Would like to have instructions how to do it. Thanks Fred J

    >>Yes the bios may revert to default. That's why one records the

    > settings
    >
    >>before you mess with things that may alter it.

    > When you say the bios may revert to default, do you mean that it may
    > revert to factory settings? If that were the case and the user or
    > anyone else has not altered the bios settings in any way is there any
    > point in making notes of the bios settings?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emrys Davies.

    If no-one has made any changes to the factory settings then just change
    the battery and forget anything else to do with the BIOS.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 15, 2005