    out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    dumb question.
    sharonf, Mar 19, 2007

  2. sharonf

    Alfred Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:55:37 -0700, sharonf <> wrote:

    >I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's
    >computer. My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull
    >out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    >first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    >dumb question.

    If the computer is a desktop model just use a small screwdriver to
    prise it out. See the pictures here
    http://tinyurl.com/2shhtr

    If you have a laptop then get the instruction book
    Alfred, Mar 19, 2007

  3. sharonf

    Bill P Guest

    "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's computer.
    >My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull out and I
    >don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the first time I
    >have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a dumb question.

    Have a look here Sharon
    http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2004/w1510/32w10/32w10.asp
    Regards
    Bill
    Bill P, Mar 19, 2007
  4. sharonf

    Robb Guest

    sharonf wrote:
    >I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's
    >computer. My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull
    >out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    >first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    >dumb question.

    Hey I recognize you. :) The battery holder should have small metal
    (or) plastic clips, just pull them back with a tiny screwdriver while
    you're lifting it up, or use the pointy tip of a small knife.. the plastic
    holders can break, but either type holds the battery fairly tight.

    Online Source:
    http://shopping.microbattery.com/app/site/site.nl?site=ACCT84789&mode=items&initsearch=T

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Mar 19, 2007
  5. sharonf wrote:

    > I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's
    > computer. My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull
    > out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    > first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    > dumb question.

    *g* most of the time you have to use a timy screwdriver or another thingie,
    to apply some force to the contact spring on one side, then at a sudden
    release it - the battery should pop out like popcorn :)
    Walter Mautner, Mar 19, 2007
  6. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Robb wrote:
    > sharonf wrote:
    >> I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's
    >> computer. My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull
    >> out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    >> first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    >> dumb question.

    > Hey I recognize you. :) The battery holder should have small metal
    > (or) plastic clips, just pull them back with a tiny screwdriver while
    > you're lifting it up, or use the pointy tip of a small knife.. the plastic
    > holders can break, but either type holds the battery fairly tight.
    >
    > Online Source:
    > http://shopping.microbattery.com/app/site/site.nl?site=ACCT84789&mode=items&initsearch=T

    You remember me? Which one of my dumb questions made me memorable? :)
    sharonf, Mar 20, 2007
  7. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    sharonf wrote:
    > I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's
    > computer. My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull
    > out and I don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the
    > first time I have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a
    > dumb question.

    Thanks for everyone's help. I was finally able to get it out. There was
    a tiny little clip on one side that I didn't see until I got out a
    magnifying glass. :) Now, if only that had fixed the problem, but it didn't.
    sharonf, Mar 20, 2007
  8. sharonf

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    > sharonf wrote:
    >> I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's computer.
    >> My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull out and I
    >> don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the first time I
    >> have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a dumb question.

    > Thanks for everyone's help. I was finally able to get it out. There was a
    > tiny little clip on one side that I didn't see until I got out a
    > magnifying glass. :) Now, if only that had fixed the problem, but it
    > didn't.

    So fill us in: what IS the problem?
    WhzzKdd, Mar 20, 2007
  9. sharonf

    Robb Guest

    sharonf wrote:

    > You remember me? Which one of my dumb questions made me memorable? :)

    Nothin' really - just noticed the MID of your article...

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Mar 20, 2007
  10. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >> sharonf wrote:
    >>> I am trying to replace a Sony cr2032 Lithium batter in mt son's computer.
    >>> My problem is getting the darn thing out. It doesn't just pull out and I
    >>> don't want to try and force it. Any suggestions? This is the first time I
    >>> have replaced a battery so please excuse what might be a dumb question.

    >> Thanks for everyone's help. I was finally able to get it out. There was a
    >> tiny little clip on one side that I didn't see until I got out a
    >> magnifying glass. :) Now, if only that had fixed the problem, but it
    >> didn't.

    > So fill us in: what IS the problem?

    I'm still not sure what the problem is. Here is the info from a post I
    made a short while ago. I'll also attach a small text file with the bios
    info.

    Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 07/25/2000-8371-686A-6A6LKPA9C-00
    Motherboard Name Epox EP-7KXA(+)

    Front Side Bus Properties
    Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 100 MHz (DDR)
    Effective Clock 200 MHz
    Bandwidth 1600 MB/s

    Memory Bus Properties
    Bus Type SDR SDRAM
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 100 MHz
    Effective Clock 100 MHz
    Bandwidth 800 MB/s

    Chipset Bus Properties
    Bus Type PCI
    Bus Width 32-bit
    Real Clock 33 MHz
    Effective Clock 33 MHz
    Bandwidth 133 MB/s

    Motherboard Physical Info
    CPU Sockets/Slots 1
    Expansion Slots 1 ISA, 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR
    RAM Slots 3 DIMM
    Integrated Devices Audio
    Form Factor ATX
    Motherboard Size 220 mm x 300 mm
    Motherboard Chipset KX133

    Motherboard Manufacturer
    Company Name EPoX Computer Company
    Product Information http://web.epox.com/html/products.asp?lang=1
    BIOS Download http://web.epox.com/html/support.asp?lang=1

    BIOS Properties
    BIOS Type Award Modular
    Award BIOS Type Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Award BIOS Message 07/25/2000 For KX-133 K7 Chipset Support
    System BIOS Date 07/25/00
    Video BIOS Date 01/09/28

    BIOS Manufacturer
    Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
    Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm
    sharonf, Mar 20, 2007
  11. sharonf wrote:

    > WhzzKdd wrote:

    >> So fill us in: what IS the problem?
    >>

    > I'm still not sure what the problem is. Here is the info from a post I
    > made a short while ago. I'll also attach a small text file with the bios
    > info.

    That apparently went south. Still no description of your problem :)
    Btw., don't use mime attachments in text-only newsgroups. Just plain paste
    the text.
    Walter Mautner, Mar 20, 2007
  12. sharonf

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    sharonf wrote:
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for everyone's help. I was finally able to get it out. There
    >>> was a tiny little clip on one side that I didn't see until I got out
    >>> a magnifying glass. :) Now, if only that had fixed the problem, but
    >>> it didn't.

    >> So fill us in: what IS the problem?
    >>

    > I'm still not sure what the problem is. Here is the info from a post I
    > made a short while ago. I'll also attach a small text file with the bios
    > info.

    Right, I'll rephrase the question for us all... What are the symptoms?
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 20, 2007
  13. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > sharonf wrote:
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "sharonf" <> wrote in message

    >>> So fill us in: what IS the problem?
    >>>

    >> I'm still not sure what the problem is. Here is the info from a post I
    >> made a short while ago. I'll also attach a small text file with the
    >> bios info.

    > Right, I'll rephrase the question for us all... What are the symptoms?

    He has a 700 mhz AMD Athlon, 256 MB Ram, 30G Seagate HD, and is running
    Windows XP home SP2. The computer begins to start up but only gets to a
    screen that says Award Bootblock Bios V1.0 at the top of the screen. It
    then says Bios Checksum error detecting floppy drive A media. Insert
    system disk and press enter. Not knowing what it wanted I created XP
    boot disks to try but then I get a message saying "Error awdflash.exe
    not found. I also tried replacing the computer battery, which didn't
    help. No attempt was made to flash the bios but it sounds form the error
    message that that is what it is looking for? I have never flashed the
    bios and was not sure how to go about it, but finally obtained an
    updated bios from Epox. I put that on a floppy and then tried to restart
    the computer again. This time it went to a screen that attempted to
    update the bios. However, the update didn't complete. There is a message
    on the screen saying '"Image file is not original bios. Checksum not
    zero." I have no idea what to try now.
    sharonf, Mar 21, 2007
  14. sharonf wrote:

    > updated bios from Epox. I put that on a floppy and then tried to restart
    > the computer again. This time it went to a screen that attempted to
    > update the bios. However, the update didn't complete. There is a message
    > on the screen saying '"Image file is not original bios. Checksum not
    > zero." I have no idea what to try now.

    Appears the emergency flash utility on the mainboard only accepts the
    original bios from date of maufacturing.
    Usually you may be able to download that from the same source you got the
    updated version, just look for the first published (or maybe 2nd ...)
    versions.
    Walter Mautner, Mar 21, 2007