    do I have to repurchses the program? For that matterwould it be worth
    upgrading to some version of Vista. Since I do not have my XP disc, could I
    upgrade from my 98 dics?
    ScttLee, Jan 23, 2008

  2. ScttLee

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, ScttLee.

    Would your computer support Vista?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

    "Upgrade copies are not available for versions of Windows earlier than
    Windows 2000. These earlier versions of Windows require you to install a
    full copy of Windows Vista."

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Vista does not do a shiny media check to validate that you own an earlier
    version of Windows. That means that in order to use a Vista upgrade edition
    you must have Windows already installed and running. Nothing earlier than
    Windows 2000 is accepted by the Vista upgrade Setup program so your Windows
    98 cd is of no use at all.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2008