    that well, so I'd like to keep it running if I can...

    TIA
    ~Aluce
    Alyce Addertongue, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Alyce Addertongue

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "Alyce Addertongue" <> wrote in message
    news:z8_eh.67626$...
    > I have an old eMachine, Pentium 2 I believe, (I can look the specs up if

    you
    > think it'll help) that has an onboard video processor. That processor just
    > went south a few weeks ago (black screen with "No Video Input" message)

    and
    > I want to plug in one of the several spare video cards I seem to have

    lying
    > around. Suddenly I realized that I would have to reset the BIOS to

    instruct
    > it to look for a card, rather than continue to use the onboard, but how

    can
    > I do that without any video output?
    >
    > It's used primarily as a student's word processor, and it's not to old to

    do
    > that well, so I'd like to keep it running if I can...
    >
    > TIA
    > ~Aluce

    Chuck the new card
    Usually the bios detects a new card, and automatically changes.
    Swiss Tony, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Alyce Addertongue

    Reid Decker Guest

    Excuse my stupidity, but I have installed quite a few Vga cards( I
    think they're called) in various machines and as long as they fit in the
    slots, they worked. Why not just try it?

    Reid Decker, Dec 11, 2006