    them!

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Dec 11, 2007

  2. BTMO

    sam Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    > earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >
    > There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    > earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    > off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >
    > Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
    > but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
    > earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
    > a lot of sense.
    >
    > So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross, dick
    > smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems to sell
    > them!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Brenton

    Shure are another brand, their tips fit a few different brands of driver.
    http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/productdetail/ps_stockcode/EA306
    http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/brands/pi_brandid/109
    sam, Dec 11, 2007

  3. BTMO

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb BTMO typed:
    > Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    > earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >
    > There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    > earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably
    > pop off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of
    > earphones.
    > Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    > (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is
    > cheaper to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!)
    > supply of new parts would make a lot of sense.
    >
    > So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman
    > ross, dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No
    > one seems to sell them!

    I saw some in a $2 shop a couple years ago. Don't know if you'd still find
    them of even what quality they'd be.

    I talked my flatmate into an over-ear neckband type Sennheiser headset. More
    hygenic and far less damaging for your ears. Sound freaking awesome too.
    --
    Cheers deaf-ears. <g>

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Dec 11, 2007
  4. BTMO

    Adam Cameron Guest

    As with everything else these days... Amazon? That's where I got my
    replacement ones from (.co.uk in my case). Cost £6 but, which was a bit of
    a pisstake for half a dozen bits of rubber, four of which I didn't want.
    God knows what six quid would equate to in Pacific Pesos by the time you
    landed 'em though. Still: if all else fails, you CAN get hold of 'em
    there.

    --
    Adam
    Adam Cameron, Dec 11, 2007
  5. On Dec 11, 10:45 am, "BTMO" <> wrote:
    > Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    > earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >
    > There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    > earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    > off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >
    > Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
    > but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
    > earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
    > a lot of sense.
    >
    > So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross, dick
    > smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems to sell
    > them!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Brenton

    I thought they promised to pull out.

    Mark
    Mark Bondurant, Dec 11, 2007
  6. BTMO

    none Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
    > but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
    > earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
    > a lot of sense.

    If you have a full blown Sony store (Sony Style or w/e), I have heard of
    a couple of people that have gone in there and just been given them for
    free.
    none, Dec 12, 2007
  7. BTMO

    sam Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    > earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >
    > There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    > earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    > off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >
    > Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
    > but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
    > earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
    > a lot of sense.
    >
    > So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross, dick
    > smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems to sell
    > them!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Brenton

    What brand ?
    sam, Dec 12, 2007
  8. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "sam" <> wrote

    >> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    >> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >>
    >> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    >> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    >> off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >>
    >> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
    >> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
    >> parts would make a lot of sense.
    >>
    >> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross,
    >> dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems
    >> to sell them!
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Brenton

    > Shure are another brand, their tips fit a few different brands of driver.
    > http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/productdetail/ps_stockcode/EA306
    > http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/brands/pi_brandid/109

    Hmmm.. same problem as the sony ones, really.

    $35 for about 12 cents worth of rubber...
    BTMO, Dec 12, 2007
  9. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "Adam Cameron" <> wrote

    > As with everything else these days... Amazon? That's where I got my
    > replacement ones from (.co.uk in my case). Cost £6 but, which was a bit
    > of
    > a pisstake for half a dozen bits of rubber, four of which I didn't want.
    > God knows what six quid would equate to in Pacific Pesos by the time you
    > landed 'em though. Still: if all else fails, you CAN get hold of 'em
    > there.

    :)

    It is cheaper to buy the cheap earphones, toss away everything *except* the
    rubber bits and carry on...
    BTMO, Dec 12, 2007
  10. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "none" <> wrote

    > BTMO wrote:
    >> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
    >> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
    >> parts would make a lot of sense.

    > If you have a full blown Sony store (Sony Style or w/e), I have heard of a
    > couple of people that have gone in there and just been given them for
    > free.

    Which reminds me...

    When I was in Turkey a couple of weeks ago, I went into a swatch shop in
    Istanbul. I needed a piece for my partner's watch band - she had left the
    watch where I could stand on it...

    Using a combination of finger pointing and hand signals, I got across to the
    shop assistant what I needed and what model, and he got one out of the
    spares box they had in the office.

    I took out my wallet and offered to pay him, and he just smiled and placed
    his hands over his heart and nodded to me.

    I really like the turks...

    :)

    Oh, and I would rather not rely on the good graces of Wellington sony sales
    drones. (not sony earphones for one thing!)
    BTMO, Dec 12, 2007
  11. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "sam" <> wrote

    >> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    >> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >>
    >> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    >> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    >> off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >>
    >> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
    >> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
    >> parts would make a lot of sense.
    >>
    >> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross,
    >> dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems
    >> to sell them!
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Brenton

    > What brand ?

    I have philips sound isolating ones, my partner has several different
    brands. We aren't desperate yet, but can see the day when we run out of odd
    sizes coming up...
    BTMO, Dec 12, 2007
  12. BTMO

    sam Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > "sam" <> wrote
    >
    >>> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    >>> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >>>
    >>> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    >>> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    >>> off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >>>
    >>> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >>> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
    >>> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
    >>> parts would make a lot of sense.
    >>>
    >>> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross,
    >>> dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems
    >>> to sell them!
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Brenton

    >> Shure are another brand, their tips fit a few different brands of driver.
    >> http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/productdetail/ps_stockcode/EA306
    >> http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/brands/pi_brandid/109

    > Hmmm.. same problem as the sony ones, really.
    >
    > $35 for about 12 cents worth of rubber...

    Yup $US9 on Amazon
    sam, Dec 12, 2007
  13. BTMO

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:45:16 +1300, "BTMO" <> wrote:

    >Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    >earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >
    >There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    >earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
    >off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
    >
    >Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
    >but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
    >earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
    >a lot of sense.
    >
    >So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross, dick
    >smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems to sell
    >them!

    Ebay Australia. It's also excellent for any cheap replacement
    batteries for cameras etc. You order the product through there from
    Hong Kong. Items typically take about a week to NZ.
    Mostly you need a Paypal account to pay for them. Paypal can be set up
    so the transaction just gets charged to your credit card.

    Earbud Rubber for Sony Ericsson on there go for AU$3.99 with AU$2.95
    postage to New Zealand.
    Craig Shore, Dec 13, 2007
  14. BTMO

    SupergoofNZ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb BTMO typed:
    >> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
    >> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
    >>
    >> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
    >> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably
    >> pop off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of
    >> earphones.
    >> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is
    >> cheaper to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!)
    >> supply of new parts would make a lot of sense.
    >>
    >> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman
    >> ross, dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No
    >> one seems to sell them!

    > I saw some in a $2 shop a couple years ago. Don't know if you'd still find
    > them of even what quality they'd be.
    >
    > I talked my flatmate into an over-ear neckband type Sennheiser headset. More
    > hygenic and far less damaging for your ears. Sound freaking awesome too.

    We got the $60 Sennheiser headphones for the computers (so we don't
    drive each other mad when we're both playing games in the same room!).

    They're excellent, great sound and very good at blocking outside noise
    as well - and even fit the husband's big giant head.

    The only downside is that the dog thinks it's funny to sneak up and
    scare the bejesus out of me when she thinks it's her mealtime.

    :eek:)

    cheers
    Rachel
    SupergoofNZ, Dec 15, 2007
  15. BTMO

    SupergoofNZ Guest

    none wrote:
    > BTMO wrote:
    >> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
    >> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is
    >> cheaper to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply
    >> of new parts would make a lot of sense.

    > If you have a full blown Sony store (Sony Style or w/e), I have heard of
    > a couple of people that have gone in there and just been given them for
    > free.

    You could try the Sony website:
    http://www.sony.co.nz/default.jsp
    http://www.sony.co.nz/products/servicecentres.jsp

    cheers
    Rachel
    SupergoofNZ, Dec 15, 2007
  16. BTMO

    Jake

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    theres a new crowd in nz that sells replacement rubbers for Sony, and WAAAAAY cheaper than the Sony store: http://earbudsnz.co.nz

    they do tips for most makes and models, even Bose.... i got some from there for UltimateEars 200's for only $5.50 and only took a few days.

    jake out
    Jake, Mar 2, 2012