    would cost to get a replacement power supply.

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Hold a sec.. you need a power supply.. You've got an option for a
    refurbished webserver without the power supply? What good is this
    refurbished one then?! :)

    Anyway.. I usually find my way through E-bay for spare parts.

    Remco

    Remco Bressers, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Thomas Larus Guest

    These Cisco 1600 power supplies are going dirt cheap on ebay. A lot of us
    have found ebay to be a great source of odds and ends. Of course, you need
    to be prudent and look at feedback, etc.

    Sincerely,

    Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
    Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs
    http://www.ipexpert.com/products_services/product.asp?sku=ip7777

    Thomas Larus, Jan 29, 2004
  4. On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:45:59 -0500, "Thomas Larus" <>
    wrote:

    >These Cisco 1600 power supplies are going dirt cheap on ebay. A lot of us
    >have found ebay to be a great source of odds and ends. Of course, you need
    >to be prudent and look at feedback, etc.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
    >Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs
    >http://www.ipexpert.com/products_services/product.asp?sku=ip7777
    >

    >"Fred Atkinson" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement power supply
    >> for a Cisco Micro Webserver? Cisco told me that it was the same power
    >> supply as one of their 1600 series routers.
    >>
    >> My guess is that there are some good places to find used
    >> equipment like this. Can you share a lead or two? I have an option
    >> to buy a refurbished Cisco Micro Webserver but it doesn't include the
    >> power supply. Before I accept the offer, I need to find out what it
    >> would cost to get a replacement power supply.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> Fred

    Well, actually, I did buy one on Ebay. It was advertised as a
    replacement power supply for the 1600 series router. As Cisco had
    already told me that it used the same power supply at the 1600, I
    emailed the seller to see if there was any reason I couldn't use it on
    the Micro Webserver.

    He said it should work. I ordered one. It arrived but it
    does not have the same power connector as the Webserver does. I've
    emailed him to press him about it, but now he doesn't respond.

    As for the Micro Webserver, I got it on Ebay for a mere
    fifteen dollars or so (I don't remember the exact price). They
    assured me that it works. I won't be able to confirm that without the
    power supply, of course.

    So, I was hoping someone could tell me where I could get some
    budget parts for Cisco products.

    But, thanks for responding.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 20, 2004