    slot, and if so, could I still use the existing microphone/headphone ports
    and volume control on the laptop?

    Thanks in advance.

    Gary Glencross, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Gary Glencross

    Pepperoni Guest

    Check your manufacturers site for the proper sound software. Laptops are
    sometimes twitchy, and a simple misconfiguration will disable the works. I'd
    bet your wavetable is all software. I had one that needed the proprietary
    sound installed but disabled and then ran the MS Wavetable sound perfectly.

    I also had to search for some w95 files once to make the critter work.

    Check the builder's site.

    Pepperoni

    "Gary Glencross" <> wrote in message
    > It looks like my laptop sound card which is integral with the motherboard

    is
    > finished as the kind answerer of my previous post hinted and a repair

    would

    Pepperoni, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Gary Glencross

    aggieml

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    is there such a thing as a mini pci (mPCI) sound card?

    I don't know but I've been wondering the exact same thing and I can't seem to find an answer. I've been looking on many sites but haven't found a mini pci sound card. My onboard sound doesn't work in Linux, so I bought a usb sound dongle only to find out later that you can't use your laptop speakers with it (only headphones). Anyway, I can relate.

    aggieml, Sep 13, 2007