Replacement Ink Cartridge Update In Canon Printer

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by E. Scrooge, Aug 1, 2009.

  1. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge worked
    out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it had
    run out.
    Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only $18
    as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one time
    Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at the
    back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it set
    the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy telling
    him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff should
    be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales at
    the checkouts.
    Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular brands
    and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine cartridge
    you probably won't be disappointed.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 1, 2009

  2. E. Scrooge

    pystol Guest

    http://www.inkvenus.co.nz/shop/CANON/S200S300S330 series.html
    pystol, Aug 1, 2009

  3. On , , Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:19 +1200, Replacement Ink Cartridge Update In Canon
    Printer, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling replaces *)> wrote:

    >Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge worked
    >out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it had
    >run out.
    >Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only $18
    >as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one time
    >Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    >The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    >difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at the
    >back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it set
    >the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy telling
    >him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff should
    >be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales at
    >the checkouts.
    >Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular brands
    >and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine cartridge
    >you probably won't be disappointed.

    I find Cartridge World do a much better deal than buying after market
    cartridges.
    Locally they check out the cartridge before they refill it. You always know you
    are getting your cartridge back and they guarantee it 100%

    -
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar.
    That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.", Winston Churchill
    Mister Scooter, Aug 1, 2009
  4. E. Scrooge

    Woger Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 00:25:29 +1200, Mister Scooter <>
    wrote:

    >On , , Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:19 +1200, Replacement Ink Cartridge Update In Canon
    >Printer, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling replaces *)> wrote:
    >
    >>Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge worked
    >>out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it had
    >>run out.
    >>Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only $18
    >>as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one time
    >>Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    >>The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    >>difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at the
    >>back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it set
    >>the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy telling
    >>him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff should
    >>be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales at
    >>the checkouts.
    >>Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular brands
    >>and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine cartridge
    >>you probably won't be disappointed.

    >I find Cartridge World do a much better deal than buying after market
    >cartridges.
    >Locally they check out the cartridge before they refill it. You always know you
    >are getting your cartridge back and they guarantee it 100%
    >
    >-
    >"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar.
    >That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.", Winston Churchill

    No I buy ones that are only 1/4 the price so why waste money..?
    Woger, Aug 1, 2009
  5. E. Scrooge

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Woger" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 00:25:29 +1200, Mister Scooter
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On , , Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:19 +1200, Replacement Ink Cartridge Update In
    >>Canon
    >>Printer, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling replaces *)> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge
    >>>worked
    >>>out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it
    >>>had
    >>>run out.
    >>>Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only
    >>>$18
    >>>as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one
    >>>time
    >>>Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    >>>The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    >>>difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at
    >>>the
    >>>back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it
    >>>set
    >>>the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy
    >>>telling
    >>>him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff
    >>>should
    >>>be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales
    >>>at
    >>>the checkouts.
    >>>Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular
    >>>brands
    >>>and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine
    >>>cartridge
    >>>you probably won't be disappointed.

    >>I find Cartridge World do a much better deal than buying after market
    >>cartridges.
    >>Locally they check out the cartridge before they refill it. You always
    >>know you
    >>are getting your cartridge back and they guarantee it 100%
    >>
    >>-
    >>"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar.
    >>That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.", Winston Churchill

    > No I buy ones that are only 1/4 the price so why waste money..?

    Where from?
    J.Wilson, Aug 1, 2009
  6. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Mister Scooter" <> wrote in message
    > On , , Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:19 +1200, Replacement Ink Cartridge Update In
    > Canon
    > Printer, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling replaces *)> wrote:
    >
    >>Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge
    >>worked
    >>out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it
    >>had
    >>run out.
    >>Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only
    >>$18
    >>as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one
    >>time
    >>Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    >>The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    >>difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at
    >>the
    >>back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it set
    >>the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy
    >>telling
    >>him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff
    >>should
    >>be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales
    >>at
    >>the checkouts.
    >>Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular brands
    >>and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine cartridge
    >>you probably won't be disappointed.

    > I find Cartridge World do a much better deal than buying after market
    > cartridges.
    > Locally they check out the cartridge before they refill it. You always
    > know you
    > are getting your cartridge back and they guarantee it 100%

    That's fine as long as you're getting very close to the results that a
    genuine cartridge would give.
    These Fresh Ink brand new replacement cartridge for many different printers
    appear to be well made. They would have to make sure they had a good
    product if they wanted to keep increasing their share of the market.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 2, 2009
  7. E. Scrooge

    Richard Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge
    > worked out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge
    > once it had run out.
    > Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only
    > $18 as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At
    > one time Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for
    > only $25.
    > The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    > difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at
    > the back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough
    > it set the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security
    > guy telling him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker.
    > The staff should be well trained to notice the security stickers when
    > completing the sales at the checkouts.
    > Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular
    > brands and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine
    > cartridge you probably won't be disappointed.

    I got some refillable carts and the ink in bulk off ebay - much easier
    then dicking around changing one cart at a time and having the printer
    waste most of it into the sponge at the bottom with constant purges.

    Can fill them in the printer - so long as the printer never sees the
    cart removed when in the changing position it doesn't do another purge,
    and the chips on them are auto reset ones so it always looks full to the
    printer.
    Richard, Aug 3, 2009
  8. E. Scrooge

    Mutlley Guest

    Woger <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:19 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (sling
    >replaces *)> wrote:
    >
    >>Someone wanted to know how the much cheaper Fresh Ink colour cartidge worked
    >>out once I had got round to replacing the Canon colour cartridge once it had
    >>run out.
    >>Today I bought a Fresh Ink colour cartridge from The Warehouse for only $18
    >>as a replacement for the now $38 Canon BCI 24 colour cartridge. At one time
    >>Hardly Normals had genuine Canon BCI 24 colour cartridges for only $25.
    >>The Fresh Ink cartridge works very well with hardly any noticeable
    >>difference. Had a laugh after buying it at the checkout, on looking at the
    >>back of it I was sure it had a security sticker on it. Sure enough it set
    >>the security scanner alarm off. I went straight to the security guy telling
    >>him that the staff failed to remove the security sticker. The staff should
    >>be well trained to notice the security stickers when completing the sales at
    >>the checkouts.
    >>Anyway if you want to try the Fresh Ink Replacement for the popular brands
    >>and models of printer for well under half the price of a genuine cartridge
    >>you probably won't be disappointed.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge

    >No I buy ones that are only 1/4 the price so why waste money..?

    Pleaze tell us more..
    Mutlley, Aug 3, 2009
  9. In message <>, Woger wrote:

    > No I buy ones that are only 1/4 the price so why waste money..?

    Well, if they're only 1/8 the quality and number of prints, then you're
    losing out on the deal, aren't you?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 3, 2009
  10. E. Scrooge

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Woger" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 03:03:10 +0430, "J.Wilson" <>
    >>Where from?
    >>

    > This is the chap that I brought my Epson ones from, they work OK..
    >
    > yan chan

    Thankyou Woger
    J.Wilson, Aug 3, 2009