    existing calendar info?

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Dan

    Gunther Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I had been using the Mozilla Calendar 0.8+ on my ff 1.0 installation.
    > Have a couple years worth of info I don't want to lose. So I upgraded
    > to ff 1.01 (had to reload my os, due to a hdd failure) & when I try to
    > add Mozilla Calendar 0.8+, it says it can't install, that it only runs
    > up to ff 1.0. Anyone know of a basic calendar I can get (preferably
    > share/freeware) that uses this ICal/.ics format, so I can import my
    > existing calendar info?

    You can probably still use the mozilla one. Download the .xpi file
    for it, then extract the install.rdf file (the .xpi is just a zip file),
    then edit install.rdf -- just bump the target max version number to
    1.0.2, save it back into the .xpi and install it.

    I bet it works.

    Gunther, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Dan

    Roland Guest

    On 21-3-2005 20:09, Dan wrote:
    > I had been using the Mozilla Calendar 0.8+ on my ff 1.0 installation.
    > Have a couple years worth of info I don't want to lose. So I upgraded
    > to ff 1.01 (had to reload my os, due to a hdd failure) & when I try to
    > add Mozilla Calendar 0.8+, it says it can't install, that it only runs
    > up to ff 1.0. Anyone know of a basic calendar I can get (preferably
    > share/freeware) that uses this ICal/.ics format, so I can import my
    > existing calendar info?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Download the version matching yor FF from
    <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html>

    [And make backup of your data before installing/upgrading Calendar... ;-) ]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Dan

    mike555 Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I had been using the Mozilla Calendar 0.8+ on my ff 1.0 installation.

    > Have a couple years worth of info I don't want to lose. So I

    upgraded
    > to ff 1.01 (had to reload my os, due to a hdd failure) & when I try

    > add Mozilla Calendar 0.8+, it says it can't install, that it only

    runs
    > up to ff 1.0. Anyone know of a basic calendar I can get (preferably
    > share/freeware) that uses this ICal/.ics format, so I can import my
    > existing calendar info?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    ===== I use "Rainlendar" from ...
    http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=rainlendar ,
    it can use
    the .ics format, and is nice and small on my desktop .......
    or you could get "Sunbird" , the stand alone mozilla calendar , from
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html ======

    mike555, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Roland-Well, that's weird. Dl'd from the site you gave,
    loaded/imported/runs fine. I tried repeatedly to get/install the one
    from https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions, no dice. Have to
    check out your link for other stuff.

    Thanks Roland & thanks to all who replied! I'm going to check out
    Rainlendar too!

    Dan

    Dan, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Dan

    Neal Guest

    Have you tried the stand-alone version of the Mozilla Calendar? Does not
    require Firefox. It can be found at
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html

    Neal

    Dan wrote:
    > I had been using the Mozilla Calendar 0.8+ on my ff 1.0 installation.
    > Have a couple years worth of info I don't want to lose. So I upgraded
    > to ff 1.01 (had to reload my os, due to a hdd failure) & when I try to
    > add Mozilla Calendar 0.8+, it says it can't install, that it only runs
    > up to ff 1.0. Anyone know of a basic calendar I can get (preferably
    > share/freeware) that uses this ICal/.ics format, so I can import my
    > existing calendar info?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Why be politically correct if you can be right?
    -- Erik V. Petersen

    Neal, Mar 23, 2005