    prices on the D-100 somewhat in the last few days.

    (Maybe they already have, but since I live in a cave ...)

    ....Ed....
    Ed Johnson, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Ed Johnson

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Ed Johnson wrote:

    > Anybody know if Nikon is about to announce a
    > newer/fancier/better/cheaper camera to replace the D-100?
    >
    > I notice that many of the big (reputable) dealers have lowered their
    > prices on the D-100 somewhat in the last few days.
    >
    > (Maybe they already have, but since I live in a cave ...)
    >
    > ....Ed....

    It's not the dealers, it's Nikon that lowered the price,
    so that the D100 could be more competitive with the
    Canon EOS 10D. No plan for a D100 replacement,
    at least not yet.
    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Ed Johnson

    Ed Johnson Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message news:<9Tzsb.1084

    > It's not the dealers, it's Nikon that lowered the price,
    > so that the D100 could be more competitive with the
    > Canon EOS 10D. No plan for a D100 replacement,
    > at least not yet.

    What is the D-200 that I hear rumbles about? Is going to be in a different league?

    ....Ed....
    Ed Johnson, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Ed Johnson

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Ed Johnson wrote:
    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> It's not the dealers, it's Nikon that lowered the price,
    >> so that the D100 could be more competitive with the
    >> Canon EOS 10D. No plan for a D100 replacement,
    >> at least not yet.

    > What is the D-200 that I hear rumbles about?
    > Is going to be in a different league?
    >
    > ....Ed....

    Never heard of a D200.
    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Ed Johnson

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    > > It's not the dealers, it's Nikon that lowered the price,
    > > so that the D100 could be more competitive with the
    > > Canon EOS 10D. No plan for a D100 replacement,
    > > at least not yet.

    > What is the D-200 that I hear rumbles about? Is going to be in a different

    league?

    > ....Ed....

    From what I have read and heard (take rumor-mill into consideration) and
    with the D2H just out on the market, I would say that the D2X would be the
    next DSLR to be announced and will probably come out around the same price
    range as the D1X. Other registered names are the D70, which is probably to
    compete with the 300D, and I believe the D-200 name has been registered as
    well. The D2X and D70 names were registered prior to the D-200, so I would
    say the D-100 will be on the market for some time. Once Nikon publicly
    announces a new camera, it usually hits the market a few months later. I
    would say look for other Nikon DLSR product announcements before any
    replacement to the D-100 comes into play.
    Chris Hoopes, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Ed Johnson

    JMCN Guest

    when will Nikon D2X be on the market?

    > From what I have read and heard (take rumor-mill into consideration) and
    > with the D2H just out on the market, I would say that the D2X would be the
    > next DSLR to be announced and will probably come out around the same price
    > range as the D1X. Other registered names are the D70, which is probably to
    > compete with the 300D, and I believe the D-200 name has been registered as
    > well. The D2X and D70 names were registered prior to the D-200, so I would
    > say the D-100 will be on the market for some time. Once Nikon publicly
    > announces a new camera, it usually hits the market a few months later. I
    > would say look for other Nikon DLSR product announcements before any
    > replacement to the D-100 comes into play.

    does anyone know when the Nikon D2X will be on the market? will it
    appear after jan 2004?
    JMCN, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Ed Johnson

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    Re: when will Nikon D2X be on the market?

    "JMCN" <> wrote in message
    > > From what I have read and heard (take rumor-mill into consideration) and
    > > with the D2H just out on the market, I would say that the D2X would be

    the
    > > next DSLR to be announced and will probably come out around the same

    price
    > > range as the D1X. Other registered names are the D70, which is probably

    > > compete with the 300D, and I believe the D-200 name has been registered

    as
    > > well. The D2X and D70 names were registered prior to the D-200, so I

    would
    > > say the D-100 will be on the market for some time. Once Nikon publicly
    > > announces a new camera, it usually hits the market a few months later. I
    > > would say look for other Nikon DLSR product announcements before any
    > > replacement to the D-100 comes into play.

    > does anyone know when the Nikon D2X will be on the market? will it
    > appear after jan 2004?

    Personally, I wouldn't expect an announcement about the D2X until at
    least February, and that would only be the announcement. After the
    announcement is made, I would look for 3-6 months before the camera is
    actually on the market - just like the announcement over the summer on the
    D2H and the camera becoming available in November. Plus, I would think that
    they would look at the results of the new LBCAST sensor from users of the
    D2H and make adjustments as needed.

    I would love to upgrade to the D2X when it becomes available. At the
    same time, I am willing to wait for Nikon to work most of the bugs out
    before the camera is released rather than getting the camera and waiting for
    firmware upgrades.
    Chris Hoopes, Dec 5, 2003
  8. Ed Johnson

    JMCN Guest

    "Chris Hoopes" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "JMCN" <> wrote in message
    > > > From what I have read and heard (take rumor-mill into consideration) and
    > > > with the D2H just out on the market, I would say that the D2X would be

    > the
    > > > next DSLR to be announced and will probably come out around the same

    > price
    > > > range as the D1X. Other registered names are the D70, which is probably

    > > > compete with the 300D, and I believe the D-200 name has been registered

    > as
    > > > well. The D2X and D70 names were registered prior to the D-200, so I

    > would
    > > > say the D-100 will be on the market for some time. Once Nikon publicly
    > > > announces a new camera, it usually hits the market a few months later. I
    > > > would say look for other Nikon DLSR product announcements before any
    > > > replacement to the D-100 comes into play.

    > > does anyone know when the Nikon D2X will be on the market? will it
    > > appear after jan 2004?

    > Personally, I wouldn't expect an announcement about the D2X until at
    > least February, and that would only be the announcement. After the
    > announcement is made, I would look for 3-6 months before the camera is
    > actually on the market - just like the announcement over the summer on the
    > D2H and the camera becoming available in November. Plus, I would think that
    > they would look at the results of the new LBCAST sensor from users of the
    > D2H and make adjustments as needed.
    >
    > I would love to upgrade to the D2X when it becomes available. At the
    > same time, I am willing to wait for Nikon to work most of the bugs out
    > before the camera is released rather than getting the camera and waiting for
    > firmware upgrades.

    I remember when the Nikon D2H came out. It was first tested in the
    European market and now it's in the US market. Okay, thanks for the
    reply! I think I'm going to wait for the Nikon D2X instead of
    purchasing the Nikon D1x:)

    Cheers - Jung
    JMCN, Dec 9, 2003