Replacement For Access Point

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by KS, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. KS

    KS Guest

    Hi guys,

    I have Lucent WavePoint-II Access Point, and Orinoco Wireless Cards (for
    individual PC) installed in my office.
    The Lucent WavePoint-II Access Point was burnt this mornig.
    I am planning to get another Access Point.

    Must I get back the Access Point from Lucent, so that, it can be compatible
    with the existing wireless cards?

    Is it possible to get another Access Point other than Lucent?

    Any recommended Access Point?

    What are the things that I should take note when buying a Access Point?

    Thanks & Regards,
    KS

    KS, Jun 24, 2004

  2. KS

    Cat Guest

    Hi.
    The Orinoco would be compatible with any 802.11b and 802.11g Access Point.

    It hard to judge what you need there is many APs available and there only
    minor differences between them.

    This page has info about the performance of Wireless:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    The same Site(www.ezlan.net) includes more pages and info about Wireless
    that might help.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).