    can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

    thx

    dennis
    dennis, Mar 29, 2007

  2. "dennis" <> writes:
    >I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
    >16 x RJ45
    >Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
    >2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

    Sure, a 2610XM would work just fine as a replacement. If you are
    looking at new boxes, a 2811 would work better. Maybe the reason
    you are confused is that these routers are modular. You have to add on
    cards to make them do what you want. In your case, since you seem to
    be looking for 16 asynchronous serial ports, you'd look to add on an
    NM-16AS card or NM-32AS card to get 16 or 32 asynchronous serial ports.

    >And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
    >can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

    The same cables used on the 2511 are used on the NM-xxAS cards, so
    they are current part #s. There's probably alot of those cables
    floating around the used markets as well.
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 29, 2007

  3. dennis

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 29, 1:23 am, "dennis" <> wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
    > 16 x RJ45
    > Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
    > 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!
    >
    > And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
    > can order additional cables for the 2511 ?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > dennis

    Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
    router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
    a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
    better alternatives.
    Trendkill, Mar 29, 2007
  4. dennis

    J.Cottingim Guest

    > Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
    > router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
    > a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
    > better alternatives.

    ....good point.
    Dennis,
    It would help the group to help you if you were to post the output of
    "show version" and "show run"

    -JC
    J.Cottingim, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Hello, Trendkill!
    You wrote on 29 Mar 2007 05:48:58 -0700:

    ??>> I need information about a replacement product for the cisco
    ??>> 2511 with 16 x RJ45 Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I
    ??>> found as replacement the 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x
    ??>> RJ45 ?!
    ??>>
    ??>> And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible
    ??>> that I can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

    T> Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn
    T> up router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why
    T> you need a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be
    T> able to suggest better alternatives.

    Well, 16 RJ45 interfaces on 2511 are not ethernet ones.

    With best regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Mar 29, 2007
  6. dennis

    dennis Guest

    On 29 Mrz., 14:48, "Trendkill" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 29, 1:23 am, "dennis" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Group,

    > > I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with
    > > 16 x RJ45
    > > Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the
    > > 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

    > > And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I
    > > can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

    > > thx

    > > dennis

    > Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
    > router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
    > a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
    > better alternatives.

    The router should act a a terminalserver
    dennis, Mar 30, 2007
  7. dennis

    dennis Guest

    On 29 Mrz., 16:18, "J.Cottingim" <> wrote:
    > > Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up
    > > router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need
    > > a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest
    > > better alternatives.

    > ...good point.
    > Dennis,
    > It would help the group to help you if you were to post the output of
    > "show version" and "show run"
    >
    > -JC

    sorry, I can't give an output because the router is at the moment not
    active and is standing in our customers basement...;-))

    but at the moment we will buy a 2610 or 2611 router ...
    dennis, Mar 30, 2007