    trial version. Is there something I can do, perhaps send this one in and have
    and exchange cd with the same product key? I dont think at this time I could
    afford to just buy a new one. Thanks in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2Fub25hc2U=?=, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Since it is OEM, check with the seller.

    If it is generic OEM, there is a slight chance Microsoft may be able to
    replace it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246
    But since it is OEM, don't count on it.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 22, 2005

  3. would you please describe the difference. thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2Fub25hc2U=?=, Oct 22, 2005
  4. There are two types of OEM Media, the XP that comes with name brand
    computers such as Dell, HP, Gateway and others. The next generic OEM Media
    would be what you buy from online stores with qualifying hardware such as
    Directron or New Egg.

    The name brand computers OEM Media can only be installed on the computer its
    distributed with.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 22, 2005