  1. end user too

    end user too Guest

    Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?
    end user too, Jan 24, 2004

  2. end user too

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "end user too"

    >Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    You can find a generic 67 mm cap at any camera store.
    Bill Hilton, Jan 24, 2004

  3. end user too

    Vlad Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:44:22 -0600, Bill Hilton wrote
    (in message <>):

    >> From: "end user too"

    >> Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    > You can find a generic 67 mm cap at any camera store.

    And then get a Cap Keeper!!

    -Vlad

    --
    Vlad & Genny Kedrovsky
    Edina, Minnesota, USA
    Vlad, Jan 24, 2004
  4. end user too

    PhotoMan Guest

    "end user too" <> wrote in message
    > Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    A Canon dealer?
    PhotoMan, Jan 24, 2004
  5. end user too

    George Kerby Guest

    On 1/24/04 10:44 AM, in article
    , "Bill Hilton"
    <> wrote:

    >> From: "end user too"

    >> Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    > You can find a generic 67 mm cap at any camera store.

    What's that? "Camera store"? HUH?!?

    George Kerby, Jan 24, 2004
  6. end user too

    Guest

    end user too <> wrote:
    > Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    Why bother? Any decent photography store will sell you a generic
    lens cap that will fit your lens and serve exactly the same purpose
    as the Canon branded lens cap.
    , Jan 25, 2004
  7. end user too

    Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 1/24/04 10:44 AM, in article
    > , "Bill Hilton"
    > <> wrote:

    >>> From: "end user too"

    >>> Lost my lens cap for my 70-200 f/4l. Where can I order a replacement?

    >> You can find a generic 67 mm cap at any camera store.

    > What's that? "Camera store"? HUH?!?

    Cap keepers are usually sold in the same section of the store
    as the lens caps. Its a little string with stickie pieces on
    either end. You stick one end to the barrel of the lens and
    the other to the outside of the lens cap.

    That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    cap a year.
    , Jan 25, 2004
  8. end user too

    George Kerby Guest

    On 1/24/04 8:05 PM, in article buv89q$vrd$,
    "" <> wrote:

    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >> On 1/24/04 10:44 AM, in article
    >> , "Bill Hilton"

    >>> You can find a generic 67 mm cap at any camera store.

    >> What's that? "Camera store"? HUH?!?

    > Cap keepers are usually sold in the same section of the store
    > as the lens caps. Its a little string with stickie pieces on
    > either end. You stick one end to the barrel of the lens and
    > the other to the outside of the lens cap.
    >
    > That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    > me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    > business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    > the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    > not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    > cap a year.

    Yep. They are really great on windy days with a video camera that has an
    internal microphone: Ker-plonk, crash, kerplank clank, etc., etc....

    George Kerby, Jan 25, 2004
  9. end user too

    A Little Bit Guest

    On 25 Jan 2004 02:05:46 GMT, wrote:

    > That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    > me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    > business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    > the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    > not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    > cap a year.

    This is true for most photographers.

    Having said that, most of my friends lose at least one lens cap per year, yet
    nobody has ever found one.

    This makes me think that the missing lens caps are being transported to another
    dimension.

    In return for these lens caps, the other dimension is sending us shopping
    trolleys. They are everywhere. There are even two outside my house, well,
    there were but I just moved them a few doors up to the local church.

    If only we could find a dimension that would swap our politicians for something
    useful, like beer.
    A Little Bit, Jan 25, 2004
  10. end user too

    LLutton Guest

    >> That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    >> me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    >> business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    >> the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    >> not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    >> cap a year.

    My Canon (35mm) lens cap kept falling off at Disney World. Luckily, I kept
    finding it. I ended up buying one of the lens cap keepers, or whatever they're
    called. It does work. I bought it at the Kodak stand at Disney World.
    Lynn
    LLutton, Jan 25, 2004
  11. end user too

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    A Little Bit <> wrote in

    > Having said that, most of my friends lose at least one lens cap per
    > year, yet nobody has ever found one.
    >
    > This makes me think that the missing lens caps are being transported
    > to another dimension.
    >
    > In return for these lens caps, the other dimension is sending us
    > shopping trolleys. They are everywhere. There are even two outside
    > my house, well, there were but I just moved them a few doors up to the
    > local church.
    >
    > If only we could find a dimension that would swap our politicians for
    > something useful, like beer.

    They probably go to the same place that missing sock went while in the
    dryer.
    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004
  12. end user too

    Paul L Guest

    look behind your dryer, that's where mine hide

    snip

    Paul L, Jan 25, 2004
  13. end user too

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    "Paul L" <> wrote in news:F6VQb.483
    $:

    > look behind your dryer, that's where mine hide
    >
    > snip
    >> >

    >> They probably go to the same place that missing sock went while in the
    >> dryer.

    I'm afraid to...
    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 25, 2004
  14. end user too

    Neon John Guest

    On 25 Jan 2004 13:53:34 GMT, (LLutton) wrote:

    >>> That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    >>> me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    >>> business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    >>> the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    >>> not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    >>> cap a year.

    >My Canon (35mm) lens cap kept falling off at Disney World. Luckily, I kept
    >finding it. I ended up buying one of the lens cap keepers, or whatever they're
    >called. It does work. I bought it at the Kodak stand at Disney World.
    >Lynn

    I used to use those keepers. Now I just stick a dot of Velcro to the lens cap
    and another to either my flash bracket or the camera body, depending on which
    I'm using. That holds the cap and doesn't let it swing and get in the way.

    John

    ---
    John De Armond

    http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
    Cleveland, Occupied TN
    Neon John, Jan 26, 2004
  15. end user too

    Guest

    In message <buv89q$vrd$>,
    wrote:

    >That being said, I find that cap keepers don't work well for
    >me. I hate to shoot with a lens cap flopping around from the
    >business end of my lens. I just get in the habit of putting
    >the lens cap in my pocket when I am using the lens. It is
    >not fool proof, but it gets me down to losing about one lens
    >cap a year.

    Me too. I just buy an extra lens cap for each thread size of lens I
    own, as a safety buffer.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>
    , Jan 27, 2004