    Thanks.

    JJ

    , Jun 22, 2010

  2. SMS Guest

    wrote:
    > I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
    > aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
    > know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

    I've always gotten my BP511 batteries from Sterlingtek and have had good
    experiences with them. Not as cheap as some of the eBay sources, but not
    expensive either. $11.99 each.

    "http://sterlingtek.com/"

    I think that the 2000 mAH claim may be a little optimistic, but it's
    certainly as good as the OEM Canon batteries.

    SMS, Jun 22, 2010

  3. 2010.06.21 23:34, rašė:

    > I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
    > aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
    > know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

    I've purchased a handful (three) from MyDigitalDiscount.com and have no
    complaints. I don't know the claimed or actual performance, though.

    --
    - Cassandra J. Nichols

    Cassandra J. Nichols, Jun 22, 2010
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:50:58 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
    <> wrote:

    >I've purchased a handful (three) from MyDigitalDiscount.com and have no
    >complaints. I don't know the claimed or actual performance, though.

    Thanks everyone. I checked out all the recommended sites. Things
    seemed pretty comparable, so I ordered from Sterlingtek on the basis
    of the price for a two-pack -- $23.98.

    Also, this info from SterlingTek: "There is no difference between the
    ST55 SterlingTek brand and the the ST52 (two-pack) from Powwer. I
    would recommend the ST52 combo because you get 2 batteries for $23.98
    instead of one for $18.48. Bulk prices start with 26 pieces and the
    price per battery decreases with the more batteries that you buy."

    JJ

    , Jun 22, 2010
  5. me Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:34:53 -0700, wrote:

    >I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
    >aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
    >know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

    I've had good luck with batteries and chargers purchased from Thomas
    Distibuting over the years.

    http:www.thomas-distributing.com

    me, Jun 22, 2010
  6. Kev Hubbard Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:01:19 -0400, me <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:34:53 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
    >>aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
    >>know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

    >I've had good luck with batteries and chargers purchased from Thomas
    >Distibuting over the years.

    Whereas the *only* NiMH batteries I've bought and had ever failed to
    provide a useful charge after only about 10 charge-cycles were obtained
    from that place, their own brand. This is an example where people start to
    parrot the name of a place online, giving it "virtual popularity", without
    ever purchasing any real good from them, never realizing that they sell
    crap.

    Many others who have probably had the same experience as I have had with
    Thomas Dist. are probably too embarrassed to speak about it in public.

    After all, how could *all* those people be wrong about Thomas Dist. being
    such a wonderful battery resource?

    They *are* wrong. Every last one of them.

    Kev Hubbard, Jun 22, 2010
  7. DaveS Guest

    On 6/22/2010 4:22 PM, Kev Hubbard wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:01:19 -0400, me<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:34:53 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I need new BP511A's for my 5D. Prices are all over the board on the
    >>> aftermarket stuff, and so are the claimed milliamp hours. Anyone here
    >>> know of a dependable source of reliable batteries?

    >> I've had good luck with batteries and chargers purchased from Thomas
    >> Distibuting over the years.
    >>

    > Whereas the *only* NiMH batteries I've bought and had ever failed to
    > provide a useful charge after only about 10 charge-cycles were obtained
    > from that place, their own brand. This is an example where people start to
    > parrot the name of a place online, giving it "virtual popularity", without
    > ever purchasing any real good from them, never realizing that they sell
    > crap.
    >
    > Many others who have probably had the same experience as I have had with
    > Thomas Dist. are probably too embarrassed to speak about it in public.
    >
    > After all, how could *all* those people be wrong about Thomas Dist. being
    > such a wonderful battery resource?
    >
    > They *are* wrong. Every last one of them.

    Perhaps a few of them are unsatisfied, as you are.

    But just to provide a data point on the other side, I've been very happy
    with Thomas Distributing, having bought Canon batteries and rechargeable
    AAs and chargers from them. They all work well.

    Dave S.

    DaveS, Jun 22, 2010
  8. me Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:22:46 -0500, Kev Hubbard
    <> wrote:

    >Whereas the *only* NiMH batteries I've bought and had ever failed to
    >provide a useful charge after only about 10 charge-cycles were obtained
    >from that place, their own brand. This is an example where people start to
    >parrot the name of a place online, giving it "virtual popularity", without
    >ever purchasing any real good from them, never realizing that they sell
    >crap.

    I've bought several dozen NiMH batteries and two Maha chargers that
    cycled through my CP-990, and 5700 with the battery grip. I've bought
    aftermarket spares for my D70 and D200/300 as well as eneloops which
    now power my 990 at work and my SB-800 flash. I speak from this real
    life experience dating back to 2004. If your experience is different,
    so be it, but to imply me to be untruthful is uncalled for and shows
    your true self.

    me, Jun 23, 2010
  9. me Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:25:19 -0400, me <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:22:46 -0500, Kev Hubbard
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Whereas the *only* NiMH batteries I've bought and had ever failed to
    >>provide a useful charge after only about 10 charge-cycles were obtained
    >>from that place, their own brand. This is an example where people start to
    >>parrot the name of a place online, giving it "virtual popularity", without
    >>ever purchasing any real good from them, never realizing that they sell
    >>crap.

    > I've bought several dozen NiMH batteries and two Maha chargers that
    >cycled through my CP-990, and 5700 with the battery grip. I've bought
    >aftermarket spares for my D70 and D200/300 as well as eneloops which
    >now power my 990 at work and my SB-800 flash. I speak from this real
    >life experience dating back to 2004. If your experience is different,
    >so be it, but to imply me to be untruthful is uncalled for and shows
    >your true self.

    Actually dating back to 2000. And we still use them as a vendor at
    work.

    me, Jun 23, 2010
  10. "me" <> wrote in message
    []
    > I speak from this real
    > life experience dating back to 2004. If your experience is different,
    > so be it, but to imply me to be untruthful is uncalled for and shows
    > your true self.

    Unlike you, the troll doesn't have any experience. It's about par for the
    course.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 23, 2010
  11. me Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:46:28 -0500, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    >Thomas is the best. The owner will do his damndest to make the customer
    >happy.

    I will atest to that by experience as well. I had an large expensive
    Ansaman (sp?) mutiple battery type charger die within it's first week
    of use on a trip to the north shore of Oahu. I exchanged it for a
    smaller intelligent Maha and the rest of the money was refunded
    including all my shipping costs both ways.

    me, Jun 23, 2010
  12. Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:32:17 -0700, Mike Russell
    <> wrote:

    >I second the recommendation of www.thomas-distributing.com. I did not
    >realize that they did camera batteries as well or I would have recommended
    >them.

    Prices on their BP-511A replacements are a bit higher than
    SterlingTek. $19.97 at Thomas, vs. $24 for a two-pack at Sterling.
    Also, Thomas rates their batteries at 1500mAh, Sterling at 2000mAh.
    Might be irrelevant, since without actual testing there's no way to
    know if those mAh ratings are for real.

    JJ

    , Jun 27, 2010