    Experiences? Thoughts?

    ----------------------
    Michael Love

    Michael Love, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Michael Love

    Brian V Guest

    Hi Mike,

    I've done dozens of them, not a single problem yet (knock on wood). You need
    to use the conversion tool. It's located in the Wireless Lan area of the
    software page.
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet_conv_tool

    As far as advantages....more stable, better troubleshooting abilty, uses a
    very familair IOS interface (I HATE the VxWorks interface), uses CDP for
    better network management. I'm sure there's lots more, it's early, thats
    what I can think of off the top of my head.

    Pretty easy to do.
    Good luck,
    Brian

    "Michael Love" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone here replaced the VxWorks OS on the Cisco 1200 & 350 units with
    > IOS yet? Cisco said this is a one-way upgrade, and once I move to IOS I
    > can't go back. We're unwilling to sacrifice one of our units to try this

    out

    Brian V, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Michael Love

    Michael Love Guest

    > I've done dozens of them, not a single problem yet (knock on wood). You
    need
    > to use the conversion tool. It's located in the Wireless Lan area of the
    > software page.
    > http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet_conv_tool

    I've been looking over the tools.

    > As far as advantages....more stable, better troubleshooting abilty, uses a
    > very familair IOS interface (I HATE the VxWorks interface), uses CDP for
    > better network management. I'm sure there's lots more, it's early, thats
    > what I can think of off the top of my head.

    Stability... that would be nice. The current AP's are ok, but I've had times
    where they would just kick people off and Cisco could never tell me why. I
    saw a number of fixes in 12.04 that sounded like familiar problems, so I
    just upgraded all of them the other day. I was also having some problems
    where the bridges would jump to having 2000-5000ms ping-times for several
    seconds when we were using radius for mac authentication. Once we tracked it
    down I had to disable it to get the performance back up.

    I'm going to see if I can get my boss to let me give it a whack with one of
    our units.

    Thanks!

    Michael Love, Dec 13, 2003