replace registry - W2000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Mehl, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    In the Win 2000 Help topic
    "To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
    I find
    "If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace your
    entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

    Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

    Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing registry
    size, which I ignored.

    I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

    I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Jun 8, 2006

  2. L Mehl

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:09:43 GMT, L Mehl wrote:

    >Hello --
    >
    >In the Win 2000 Help topic
    >"To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
    >I find
    >"If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace your
    >entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

    Didn't you ask for this a few days ago?

    Why start a new thread?

    >Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

    www.google.com windows 2000 recovery console

    or even www.microsoft.com

    better yet the MS KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    there are IIRC several articles on the recovery console, these will be
    found using www.google.com

    Windows STOP Messages
    www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

    >Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing registry
    >size, which I ignored.

    There are good reasons why NT class OS's display messages like that.

    >I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

    That's it, just that short message?

    >I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

    You backup the registry on a regular basis, and additionally before /
    after making changes like installing apps / configuration changes.

    >Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >Larry Mehl

    Me

    why?, Jun 8, 2006

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Thanks why

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jun 10, 2006
  4. you could always reinstall your current operating system

    frances martin, Jun 11, 2006
  5. L Mehl

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:FSVig.7434$,
    frances martin spewed forth:
    > you could always reinstall your current operating system

    Damn, you're worthless.

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2006
  6. L Mehl

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:

    >you could always reinstall your current operating system

    This will get the OP where?

    You work for NTL support then.

    >"L Mehl" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks why
    >>
    >> Larry
    >>
    >> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    <snip>

    why?, Jun 11, 2006
  7. L Mehl

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    why? spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
    >
    >> you could always reinstall your current operating system

    > This will get the OP where?
    >
    > You work for NTL support then.

    Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2006
  8. L Mehl

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    >In news:,
    >why? spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
    >>
    >>> you could always reinstall your current operating system

    >> This will get the OP where?
    >>
    >> You work for NTL support then.
    >>

    >Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    It's worse, must be a helpdesk contractor.

    Me

    why?, Jun 11, 2006
  9. L Mehl

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    why? spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> why? spewed forth:

    >>> This will get the OP where?
    >>>
    >>> You work for NTL support then.
    >>>

    >> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    > It's worse, must be a helpdesk contractor.

    ROTLF!!!

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2006
  10. L Mehl

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >why? spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
    >>
    >>> you could always reinstall your current operating system

    >> This will get the OP where?
    >>
    >> You work for NTL support then.
    >>

    >Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    I did and deleted it all. I can't believe he is anything other than a
    troll, or could he be that stupid?
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 11, 2006
  11. why? wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:, why? spewed
    >> forth:

    >>> This will get the OP where?
    >>>
    >>> You work for NTL support then.

    >> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    > It's worse, must be a helpdesk contractor.

    I think frances is a bot.
    "Reinstall your operating system... Reinstall your operating system..."

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 11, 2006
  12. L Mehl

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    joevan spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> why? spewed forth:

    >>> This will get the OP where?
    >>>
    >>> You work for NTL support then.
    >>>

    >> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    > I did and deleted it all. I can't believe he is anything other than a
    > troll, or could he be that stupid?

    I'm thinking pre-teen and Dad's asleep...

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2006
  13. L Mehl

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:46:31 +0100, joevan wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> why? spewed forth:

    >>> This will get the OP where?
    >>>
    >>> You work for NTL support then.
    >>>

    >> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    > I did and deleted it all. I can't believe he is anything other than a
    > troll, or could he be that stupid?

    'He'? Where I come from 'Frances' with an 'e' is female. And, yes, she could
    be that stupid - she's with NTL, remember, and 98% of NTL users are in dire
    need of a whack round the bonce with a clue-by-four.

    Of course, you cannot tell the sex of a poster by their username, but most
    NTL lusers aren't savvy enough to post with anything other than their real
    identity.

    Margolotta, Jun 11, 2006
  14. L Mehl

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:55:59 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >joevan spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:,
    >>> why? spewed forth:

    >>> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

    >> I did and deleted it all. I can't believe he is anything other than a
    >> troll, or could he be that stupid?

    >I'm thinking pre-teen and Dad's asleep...

    You mean Brain dead.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 11, 2006
  15. Margolotta wrote:

    > 'He'? Where I come from 'Frances' with an 'e' is female. And, yes, she
    > could be that stupid - she's with NTL, remember, and 98% of NTL users
    > are in dire need of a whack round the bonce with a clue-by-four.

    She - frances with an 'e' - is posting from the account of:

    Simon will probably soon wonder where all the spam came from, eh?

    > Of course, you cannot tell the sex of a poster by their username, but
    > most NTL lusers aren't savvy enough to post with anything other than
    > their real identity.

    "Mung" not in dictionary at NTL ...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 11, 2006
  16. L Mehl

    Jim Guest

    <<Of course, you cannot tell the sex of a poster by their username>>

    Can anyone tell your sex at all???? LIVE AND IN PERSON???

    Jim, Jun 11, 2006
  17. L Mehl

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Margolotta.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > 'He'? Where I come from 'Frances' with an 'e' is female. And, yes, she could
    > be that stupid - she's with NTL, remember, and 98% of NTL users are in dire
    > need of a whack round the bonce with a clue-by-four.

    ROTFL! I like that!

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jun 11, 2006
  18. L Mehl

    Gaoler Guest

    Margolotta the queen of severe cuntwads wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:35:17 +0100, frances martin wrote
    > (in article <FSVig.7434$>):
    >
    >> you could always reinstall your current operating system

    > Look, you semi-literate, top-posting, moronic cuntwad

    Had such bad cuntwad and other VD issues in the past week that you
    didn't have opportunity to post, eh? Did it ever occur to you that if
    you didn't constantly have your head up your arse, maybe shit wouldn't
    the only thing to come out of your mouth?

    --
    Person who run in front of car get tired.
    Person who run behind car get exhausted.

    Gaoler, Jun 12, 2006