    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, Oct 24, 2004

  2. What model is it?

    Graham Crawford, Oct 24, 2004

  3. ArtKramr

    GT40 Guest

    On 24 Oct 2004 01:56:17 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

    >My Microtek scanner won't work with my new Windows XP computer. Microtek has
    >given me reams of instructions plus new drivers. Nothing works. I would like
    >to replace it with a more reliable, simpler, more dependable flat bed scanner
    >that can also scan negs. Any ideas? The MIcrotek worked well when it worked, I
    >did my website on it..

    If you haven't already, make sure you check windows update first,
    maybe Microsoft has a fix that works.

    GT40, Oct 24, 2004
  4. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Replace Microtek?
    >From: "Graham Crawford"
    >Date: 10/23/2004 7:09 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >What model is it?
    >

    >"ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    >> My Microtek scanner won't work with my new Windows XP computer. Microtek
    >> has
    >> given me reams of instructions plus new drivers. Nothing works. I would
    >> like
    >> to replace it with a more reliable, simpler, more dependable flat bed
    >> scanner
    >> that can also scan negs. Any ideas? The MIcrotek worked well when it
    >> worked, I
    >> did my website on it..
    >>

    >> Arthur Kramer
    >> 344th BG 494th BS
    >> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    >> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    >> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    It's a Scanmaker 3600.

    ArtKramr, Oct 24, 2004
  5. Hmmm.
    I'm still using my Scanmaker E6 - an old SCSI clunker that works well under
    XP.
    Your USB scanner should be fine. XP has it's own built-in scanner (twain)
    support and assuming scanwizard loaded OK, when it comes to aquiring and
    image from - say within Photoshop, select SCANWIZARD scanner as the source.
    Do not select Microtek or Scanmaker (or however else it's named).
    But I suppose you knew that anyway.....

    Other failures are usually associated with USB conflicts/drivers. In your
    BIOS settings do you have a setting to enable legacy USB (or v 1.00./1.1)?
    Do you have any USB speed adjustmemts in the BIOS?

    I'm researching an up-to-date scanner for myself, but am reluctant to loose
    Scanwizard- the best scanner software ever written.

    G.C.

    Graham Crawford, Oct 24, 2004
  6. ArtKramr

    Cooter Guest

    Consider a Microtek X12USL. It will scan 8.5 x 11 as well as transparencies
    and negatives with the optional light lid. Their latest version of ScanWiz
    works well with Win XP. Have used mine for a couple of years with good
    results.

    Cooter, Oct 24, 2004