    Is this click-and-go memory? What brand and type do I need?

    Thanks

    Eddy

    Eddy, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Eddy

    BradReeseCom Guest

    Hi Eddy,

    You may want to investigate the Refurbished Cisco Product Guide.

    Page 142

    Cisco Catalyst 3500 Series XL

    Catalyst 3548 XL

    Flash Memory 4 MB

    http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished-cisco-product-guide.htm

    You may also want a Repair Quote for the Catalyst 3548 XL.

    No Fix / No Fee

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm

    BradReeseCom, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Eddy

    BradReeseCom Guest

    Hi Eddy,

    Cisco WS-3548-XL flash memory is on board, soldered.

    So it is not order-able.

    However, should your unit have a "flash problem" we can definitely fix
    it.

    Also, Port 2 blinking when the switch is powered on is not a flash
    problem.

    Please contact Reggie Grant for further assistance:

    Reggie Grant
    BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

    Eddy, we appreciate and look forward to working with you.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com/

    BradReeseCom, Mar 4, 2005
  4. (Eddy) writes:
    >I can get my hands on a broken catalyst 3548 xl. The post error
    >indicates a flash problem.
    >I tried to look for info about replacing the memory on this switch but
    >can't find anything.
    >Is this click-and-go memory? What brand and type do I need?

    IIRC, it has the Flash memory soldered onto the motherboard.
    Unless you have surface mount solder experience, probably time to
    consider a Smartnet contract to get it fixed.

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 4, 2005
  5. Eddy

    BradReeseCom Guest

    BradReeseCom, Mar 4, 2005