    like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this.

    I would appreciate any help / comments on this

    Cheers.

    Mr Corbett, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Re: Replace a non IOS 350 Cisco Aironet bridge with IOS

    "Mr Corbett" <> writes:
    >I have been looking for some time for information to do this. I have a 350
    >Cisco Aironet bridge, the operating system is not Cisco IOS, and I would
    >like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this.

    You need a contract to get IOS for Aironet 350 bridges.

    But if you do, the software is available here.
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet_350_series_bridge

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Re: Replace a non IOS 350 Cisco Aironet bridge with IOS

    Hi Mr. Corbett,

    If you want only to upgrade a VxWorks 350 or 1200 series access point
    to Cisco IOS software, and not preserve the previous configuration,
    then you can use the 350 or 1200 series helper image file to upgrade
    the access point. This procedure is documented with:

    Upgrading an Access Point to Cisco IOS Operation Without the Conversion
    Tool:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...nistration_guide_chapter09186a008024d87e.html

    Using the Aironet Conversion Tool to Upgrade from VxWorks to Cisco IOS
    Software.

    The conversion tool is a special utility that is used by administrators
    to do these actions:

    * Create a Cisco IOS configuration from the configuration of an
    existing VxWorks 350 or 1200 series access point.

    * Store a Cisco IOS configuration file on your PC for later use.

    * Combine a Cisco IOS configuration file with a 1200 series helper
    image, to upgrade VxWorks 1200 series access points to Cisco IOS
    operation.

    * Combine a Cisco IOS configuration file with a 350 series helper
    image, to upgrade VxWorks 350 series access points to Cisco IOS
    operation.

    This document has specific details on how to use the Aironet Conversion
    Tool.

    Release Notes for Cisco Aironet Conversion Tool Version 2.1 for Cisco
    IOS Software:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_release_note09186a0080256156.html

    and

    Cisco Aironet Conversion Tool for Cisco IOS Software, 2.1 Administrator
    Guide for Windows:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...dministration_guide_book09186a008024f246.html

    For an overview of upgrading your 350 / 1200:

    Upgrade Cisco Aironet AP1200 ( 350 ) to IOS:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a008019fea0.shtml

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#EXPERTS
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    U/Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Mr Corbett

    Uli Link Guest

    Doug McIntyre schrieb:

    > "Mr Corbett" <> writes:
    >
    >>I have been looking for some time for information to do this. I have a 350
    >>Cisco Aironet bridge, the operating system is not Cisco IOS, and I would
    >>like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this.

    > You need a contract to get IOS for Aironet 350 bridges.
    >
    > But if you do, the software is available here.
    > http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet_350_series_bridge

    I can only see VxWorks FW there.
    AFAIK there is no IOS for the BR350.

    For IOS: 1300/1400 only.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Aug 19, 2005
  5. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 19, 2005
  6. On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:06:47 GMT, "Mr Corbett" <> wrote:

    ~ Hi all,
    ~
    ~ I have been looking for some time for information to do this. I have a 350
    ~ Cisco Aironet bridge, the operating system is not Cisco IOS, and I would
    ~ like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this.
    ~
    ~ I would appreciate any help / comments on this
    ~
    ~ Cheers.
    ~

    As others have noted, the 350 series *Access Points* running VxWorks
    can be upgraded to run IOS. However, your 350 series *Bridge* can only
    run VxWorks.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Aug 19, 2005