Repeater network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by oldguy, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. oldguy

    oldguy Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to distribute the broadband connection wirelessly inside a
    camping area using repeaters (AP's). There are a lot of trees in an
    irregular pattern in the area which has a diameter of approximately 300
    meters. A wireless gateway placed at the approximate center, with an
    external antenna, doesn't work as desired. I've therefore decided to use 3
    or 4 repeaters, placed near the perimeter, in addition to the central
    gateway, to cover as much as possible, since there are several points which
    look like they can not be covered at all (tree population).

    I've never done this before, neither have I used repeaters. I have some
    knowledge about the theory, I know that the ranges of all the AP's and the
    gateway should overlap slightly, and that they should be set up as repeaters
    which looks like a very simple task, etc.

    Are there any points which I should bear in mind? Are there any internet
    resources you can recommend for reading, that deal as directly as possible
    with the subject?

    Regards,
    Engin

    oldguy, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Here is an interesting article regarding wireless repeaters:

    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1571601

    Peter Bui[MS], Jul 22, 2005