    my email address and password are not being stored. Very annoying. There
    are no programs running on my PC that are deleting Firefox cookies. Any
    ideas about this?
    FleaBittenDog, Feb 2, 2008

  2. FleaBittenDog

    Ed Mullen Guest

    FleaBittenDog wrote:
    > I frequently visit the Mozilla Add-ons pages. If you wish to comment
    > on an extension, or ask a question, you must create an account and log in.
    > I have already done this a long time ago. Yet every single time I leave the
    > Add-ons page, and then return, I have to log back in again. For some reason
    > my email address and password are not being stored. Very annoying. There
    > are no programs running on my PC that are deleting Firefox cookies. Any
    > ideas about this?

    Impossible to tell since you didn't provide the URL of the problem page.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 2, 2008

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ or any page with an extension.
    FleaBittenDog, Feb 2, 2008
  4. FleaBittenDog

    Ed Mullen Guest

    FleaBittenDog wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >> FleaBittenDog wrote:
    >>> I frequently visit the Mozilla Add-ons pages. If you wish to
    >>> comment on an extension, or ask a question, you must create an account
    >>> and log in. I have already done this a long time ago. Yet every single
    >>> time I leave the Add-ons page, and then return, I have to log back in
    >>> again. For some reason my email address and password are not being
    >>> stored. Very annoying. There are no programs running on my PC that are
    >>> deleting Firefox cookies. Any ideas about this?

    >> Impossible to tell since you didn't provide the URL of the problem page.
    >>

    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ or any page with an extension.

    As near as I can tell, the site uses session cookies to remember your
    login status. I logged in, went to several other pages and then bac: I
    was still logged. I didn't try it over a long period, however. So,
    like many sites, if you are absent for some period of time, the cookies
    will expire.

    Hence, you must click the login link. The password manager can easily
    remember your login info.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net