repeated hook-up problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by bmitd67, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. bmitd67

    bmitd67 Guest

    What is going on?

    I have a cheap Jensen TV, a cheap Polaroid DVD, and an ancient JVC VCR.

    I hook the VCR to input #1 (composite) with no problem.
    I hook DVD to "DVD" input (component) and I get blue screen.
    I repeat with composite input #2 and I get a blue screen.
    I repeat with S-video and I get a blue sceen
    I repeat with the 2 different composites, if I unplug the VCR and use
    composite #1 the DVD works, if I plug the DVD into composite #2 (front
    panel) the VCR works but the DVD still doesn't.

    I have try two of these TVs and this is the 2nd (different brand) DVD
    I've used.

    What the is going wrong?

    Jai

    PS: My main system is a Marantz intergrated recvr with HD and all the
    bells. I hooked it up by myself without a problem...

    Thanks in advance.
    Jai
    bmitd67, Dec 15, 2005

  2. bmitd67

    Biz Guest

    You have to change the input/channel on the tv. For component, switch the
    tv to the component input, for s-video, switch to the d-video input. Maybe
    you did this, but you did not mention it....its usually an input button on
    the remote, or some tvs still have an input selector on the front panel...

    Biz, Dec 15, 2005

  3. On 14 Dec 2005 16:45:40 -0800, "bmitd67" <> wrote:

    >What is going on?
    >
    >I have a cheap Jensen TV, a cheap Polaroid DVD, and an ancient JVC VCR.
    >
    >I hook the VCR to input #1 (composite) with no problem.
    >I hook DVD to "DVD" input (component) and I get blue screen.
    >I repeat with composite input #2 and I get a blue screen.
    >I repeat with S-video and I get a blue sceen
    >I repeat with the 2 different composites, if I unplug the VCR and use
    >composite #1 the DVD works, if I plug the DVD into composite #2 (front
    >panel) the VCR works but the DVD still doesn't.
    >
    >I have try two of these TVs and this is the 2nd (different brand) DVD
    >I've used.

    There are a number of possibilities. What is the exact model number
    of the TV and is the manual available on line?

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    | (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
    Gary A. Edelstein, Dec 15, 2005