    have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the
    primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
    without losing my operating system?

    JTJersey, Jul 5, 2004

  2. JTJersey

    Pen Guest

    Partition Magic will do that and is easy to use costs though.

    Ranish is free, but I'm told not as friendly.
    http://www.ranish.com/part/
    Here's Paragon I know nothing about it.

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned

    itself into 2
    > drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD

    three times
    > and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive

    for some
    > reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and

    an 18Gb "D"
    > partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd

    really rather

    Pen, Jul 5, 2004

  3. JTJersey

    bambam Guest

    JTJersey <> wrote in

    > I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself
    > into 2 drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery
    > CD three times and it's the only way it will let me install this
    > hard drive for some reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb
    > partition as "C" and an 18Gb "D" partition, which is kind of
    > annoying. It works fine, but I'd really rather have a single 20 Gb
    > partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the primary
    > partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
    > without losing my operating system?

    Partition Resizer

    http://zeleps.com/

    Excellent freeware program. :)

    --
    Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

    bambam, Jul 5, 2004
  4. JTJersey

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:33:47 -0400, JTJersey
    <> wrote:

    >I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself into 2
    >drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD three times
    >and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive for some
    >reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and an 18Gb "D"
    >partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd really rather
    >have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the
    >primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
    >without losing my operating system?

    Get either Partition Magic or BootItNG...and follow the bouncing ball.
    Delete the D partition and resize the C partition.

    Hope ya'll have a nice 4th of July weekend...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Trent© wrote:

    > Hope ya'll have a nice 4th of July weekend...

    I hope you have a fucking rotten one, you yanKKK ****. In fact, I hope you
    drop dead. Horribly.

    Trent©, the sullied, specking dung ball, Jul 5, 2004
  6. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:33:47 -0400, JTJersey wrote:

    > I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself into 2
    > drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD three times
    > and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive for some
    > reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and an 18Gb
    > "D" partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd really
    > rather have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than
    > 2Gb as the primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can
    > repartition this drive without losing my operating system?

    Thanks all for your responses, but nothing would let me grow that 2GB
    partition or let me make a single 20GB partition. Got so frustrated I
    called it quits and loaded Mandrake/Linux 10 on it. This is just a play
    thing for experimenting with and I really appreciate everyones input.

    JTJersey, Jul 6, 2004
  7. JTJersey

    Geoh 37 Guest

    Upgrade to Xp for $84 plus tax.

    Or live with it.

    I have a lot of music and photos on my PC and only use 6gb of the 40gb
    available..

    My 10gb drive on my Laptop has 6gb unused.

    Use CD's for storage 800mb each for about a dime.

    http://community-2.webtv.net/Geo_H/RecentPictures/

    Geoh 37, Jul 7, 2004