    sheepishly.

    "We usually make more money on repairs if we let people
    try to fix things themselves first."

    ÆnÎGmÃ, Aug 9, 2003

  2. ÆnÎGmÃ

    Ionizer Guest

    "ÆnÎGmÃ" <> wrote in message
    news:aI7Za.1405$...
    > When a guy's printer type began to grow faint, he called
    > a local repair shop where a friendly man informed him that
    > the printer probably needed only to be cleaned.
    >
    > Because the store charged $50 for such cleanings, he
    > told him he might be better off reading the printer's manual
    > and trying the job himself.
    >
    > Pleasantly surprised by his candour, he asked,
    > "Does your boss know that you discourage business?"
    >
    > "Actually, it's my boss's idea," the employee replied
    > sheepishly.
    >
    > "We usually make more money on repairs if we let people
    > try to fix things themselves first."

    Reminds me of this:

    Service Charges:
    Labour Rate Per Hour $35.
    If you Wait $40.
    If you Watch $45.
    If you Help $55.
    If you Worked on it Yourself $65.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 9, 2003

  3. ÆnÎGmÃ

    boy wonder Guest

    ÆnÎGmà wrote:
    > When a guy's printer type began to grow faint, he called
    > a local repair shop where a friendly man informed him that
    > the printer probably needed only to be cleaned.
    >
    > Because the store charged $50 for such cleanings, he
    > told him he might be better off reading the printer's manual
    > and trying the job himself.
    >
    > Pleasantly surprised by his candour, he asked,
    > "Does your boss know that you discourage business?"
    >
    > "Actually, it's my boss's idea," the employee replied
    > sheepishly.
    >
    > "We usually make more money on repairs if we let people
    > try to fix things themselves first."

    Cleaning ink jet printers is extremely messy. You can't do it right unless
    you do exactly as they say. I called HP and they walked me through it. You
    use up an entire box of Q tips and a quart of water. This is if your print
    out is messy. If its dim, you probably need a $50 set of cartridges.
    Also the instructions are on the HP website, it could take you 45 min to
    find it.
    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/