    same place as when played directly from the original DVD. What
    software do I need to buy that could fix this? Would Ulead Movie
    Factory work? TIA
    Phisherman, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Phisherman

    Tonester Guest

    "Phisherman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a DVD movie that stops in the middle. I copied it to my hard
    > drive and would like to edit the movie to remove the bad spot and burn
    > a new DVD. When played from my hard drive, the movie stops in the
    > same place as when played directly from the original DVD. What
    > software do I need to buy that could fix this? Would Ulead Movie
    > Factory work? TIA

    Did you rip it with the same drive you played it with? If it can't read it
    it can't rip it.
    Tonester, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Phisherman

    Guest

    Phisherman wrote:

    > I have a DVD movie that stops in the middle. I copied it to my hard
    > drive and would like to edit the movie to remove the bad spot and burn
    > a new DVD. When played from my hard drive, the movie stops in the
    > same place as when played directly from the original DVD. What
    > software do I need to buy that could fix this? Would Ulead Movie
    > Factory work? TIA

    I would try re-authoring the movie with TMPGEnc DVD Author. If it still
    stops in the middle, then use the same program to edit out the bad spot
    and then re-author it again.
    , Mar 21, 2006
  4. Phisherman

    P Pron Guest

    wrote:
    || Phisherman wrote:
    ||| I have a DVD movie that stops in the middle. I copied it to my hard
    ||| drive and would like to edit the movie to remove the bad spot and
    ||| burn a new DVD. When played from my hard drive, the movie stops in
    ||| the same place as when played directly from the original DVD.
    ||| What software do I need to buy that could fix this? Would Ulead
    ||| Movie Factory work? TIA
    || I would try re-authoring the movie with TMPGEnc DVD Author. If it
    || still stops in the middle, then use the same program to edit out the
    || bad spot and then re-author it again.

    I'm a fan of TMPGEnc DVD Author too, but wonder if this might be an
    occasion where Nero might do a better job, because it re-encodes video as
    part of the authoring process, which might iron out the problem....

    paul
    P Pron, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Phisherman

    Netmask Guest

    >I have a DVD movie that stops in the middle. I copied it to my hard
    > drive and would like to edit the movie to remove the bad spot and burn
    > a new DVD. When played from my hard drive, the movie stops in the
    > same place as when played directly from the original DVD. What
    > software do I need to buy that could fix this? Would Ulead Movie
    > Factory work? TIA

    You could try just dragging the vob files into a program like Womble or
    VideRedo and play through. Edit out any faulty bits and export as a mpeg2
    file. Then reauthor using whatever is your favourite program. Nero, TMP etc
    Netmask, Mar 22, 2006