    andymor Guest

    Where in Windows Vista Basic do I find the Repair Windows facility?

    Thanks for looking.
    andymor, Feb 5, 2010

  2. andymor

    Mike Easter Guest

    andymor wrote:
    > Where in Windows Vista Basic do I find the Repair Windows facility?

    Do you have a genuine MS Vista installation disk? It has a startup repair.

    If you don't have a MS disk, you can make a CD to boot with by
    downloading a 64 or 32 bit Vista recovery .iso.

    http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/
    Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download

    You can also get to the repair console in Vista by hitting F8 at just
    the right time before windows boots.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 5, 2010

  3. andymor

    Respondant Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > andymor wrote:
    >> Where in Windows Vista Basic do I find the Repair Windows facility?

    > Do you have a genuine MS Vista installation disk? It has a startup
    > repair.

    Which will fail about 90% of the time in my experience.

    > If you don't have a MS disk, you can make a CD to boot with by
    > downloading a 64 or 32 bit Vista recovery .iso.
    >
    > http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/
    > Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download
    >
    > You can also get to the repair console in Vista by hitting F8 at just
    > the right time before windows boots.

    Vista's a giant hunk of crapola. OP would be better off reverting to XP, or
    upgrading to Win7.
    Respondant, Feb 5, 2010
  4. andymor

    Mike Easter Guest

    Respondant wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> andymor wrote:
    >>> Where in Windows Vista Basic do I find the Repair Windows facility?

    >> Do you have a genuine MS Vista installation disk? It has a startup
    >> repair.

    > Which will fail about 90% of the time in my experience.

    I wouldn't know; I don't have a MS Vista disk.

    >> If you don't have a MS disk, you can make a CD to boot

    >> You can also get to the repair console in Vista by hitting F8

    > Vista's a giant hunk of crapola. OP would be better off reverting to XP, or
    > upgrading to Win7.

    I have little experience with Vista, but I believe that most people who
    have some kind of installed Vista didn't get it by going out and buying
    a MS disk and installing it on existing hardware.

    What happens is that hardware mfr/s look for the cheapest way to sell
    their hardware with an OS installed. What they learn is that MS will
    provide them with a license to install Vista and then other software
    developers will *pay* them to install bloatware/ trialware/ along with
    the Vista and then the mfr makes an image of that install and the
    customer gets no Vista install disk.

    The sale of that hardware is thus subsidized by the cheap MS limited
    license to use the OS on one piece of hardware and not get an install
    disk and further subsidized by the developers' bloatware, so that the
    mfr can sell the hardware to the customer for *less* than if there were
    no OS and also less than if there were a *free* OS such as a linux distro.

    Your suggestion or inference that the OP should go out and buy a retail
    license for XP or Win 7 is a very impractical suggestion. He has an
    installed OS; he isn't interested in buying (another) one. He is
    apparently interested in repairing Vista.

    He could also have/get/burn a free linux distro or he could go out and
    pirate some MS ware. The free linux distro is a more wholesome and
    practical suggestion if he wants a new OS to install from scratch.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 5, 2010
  5. andymor

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 16:59:33 -0500, "Respondant"
    <> wrote:

    >Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> andymor wrote:
    >>> Where in Windows Vista Basic do I find the Repair Windows facility?

    >> Do you have a genuine MS Vista installation disk? It has a startup
    >> repair.

    >Which will fail about 90% of the time in my experience.
    >
    >> If you don't have a MS disk, you can make a CD to boot with by
    >> downloading a 64 or 32 bit Vista recovery .iso.
    >>
    >> http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/
    >> Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download
    >>
    >> You can also get to the repair console in Vista by hitting F8 at just
    >> the right time before windows boots.

    >Vista's a giant hunk of crapola. OP would be better off reverting to XP, or
    >upgrading to Win7.

    I was going to say the best way to repair vista is to install xp.
    joevan, Feb 5, 2010
  6. andymor

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:55:41 -0500, joevan wrote:

    > I was going to say the best way to repair vista is to install xp.

    So why didn't you?

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy
    Aardvark, Feb 6, 2010
  7. andymor

    John Holmes Guest

    Mike Easter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> Which will fail about 90% of the time in my experience.

    > I wouldn't know; I don't have a MS Vista disk.

    You fucking idiot, why do you recommend the use of it then, eh?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Feb 6, 2010
  8. andymor

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Feb 6, 2010
  9. andymor

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 00:30:40 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:55:41 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> I was going to say the best way to repair vista is to install xp.

    >So why didn't you?

    I did. Just with this post.
    joevan, Feb 6, 2010