    reinstall and over write everything ?...without losing any files(mp3 dvd and
    stuff ) ..
    thanks for your suggestions ...merry Christmas

    DrvnguyQ, Dec 18, 2005

  2. DrvnguyQ

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "DrvnguyQ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have windows xp pro ,I have some dammaged files ,what is the correct
    >procedure to correct them without having to re install windows or can i
    >just reinstall and over write everything ?...without losing any files(mp3
    >dvd and stuff ) ..
    > thanks for your suggestions ...merry Christmas

    Boot from the Windows CD... there's a Repair option. Use that, it does
    exactly what you need.

    Rich Wilson, Dec 18, 2005

  3. DrvnguyQ

    DrvnguyQ Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply

    DrvnguyQ, Dec 18, 2005
  4. DrvnguyQ

    anon Guest

    I have the same problem, but the HP that I bought already has XP Home
    installed and I do not have the physical install CD. I there any way that I
    can make the same repair?

    anon, Dec 18, 2005