Repair installation of win xp x64 stops at installing devices

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by yashrg, Aug 27, 2006.

  1. yashrg

    yashrg Guest

    I have waited for hours at the "34 minures remaining milestone" but
    nothing happens. it just waits at that particular point indefinately. I
    read on another thread somewhere that it might happen because of some
    hardware not being able to install so I unplugged all the hardware
    right to the sound card and disabled the lan ports and removed all
    devices from usb. but am still not able to get past that. I also
    checked the pnplog file this is what it has

    [EnumeratedDevices]
    STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE00=Generic
    volume
    STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Generic
    volume
    ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    Address Map Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    Miscellaneous Configuration
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    standard ISA bridge
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    Network Bus Enumerator
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    PS/2 Keyboard
    ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device

    can someone help me now?
    yashrg, Aug 27, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. yashrg

    yashrg Guest

    yashrg, Aug 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. It may be that your installation CD is bad. If you have a scratch or dirt on
    it, that may cause it to hang. I have my doubts that it is because of some
    piece of hardware you have, especially since you tried disconnecting the
    hardware you could. If you can still boot to your "un-repaired system", you
    might try to explore the CD to see if you can access all the files.
    --
    9edge1st


    "yashrg" wrote:

    > I have waited for hours at the "34 minures remaining milestone" but
    > nothing happens. it just waits at that particular point indefinately. I
    > read on another thread somewhere that it might happen because of some
    > hardware not being able to install so I unplugged all the hardware
    > right to the sound card and disabled the lan ports and removed all
    > devices from usb. but am still not able to get past that. I also
    > checked the pnplog file this is what it has
    >
    > [EnumeratedDevices]
    > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE00=Generic
    > volume
    > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Generic
    > volume
    > ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    > ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    > ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    > ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    > ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    > HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    > Address Map Configuration
    > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    > and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    > Miscellaneous Configuration
    > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    > standard ISA bridge
    > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    > Network Bus Enumerator
    > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    > OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    > Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    > ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    > PS/2 Keyboard
    > ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    > ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
    >
    > can someone help me now?
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0aWxkYQ==?=, Aug 27, 2006
    #3
  4. yashrg

    yashrg Guest

    thanks Matilda, but i dont know if there is a way to boot into the
    unrepaired system...even I`d like to quit the installation and try to
    boot into the windows xp x64 older version.I`ll check my cd for errors
    now...
    yashrg, Aug 28, 2006
    #4
  5. yashrg

    yashrg Guest

    the disc is perfectly fine. I have even disabled the usb controllers
    now but still the installation wont progress...please help me out
    someone.
    yashrg, Aug 28, 2006
    #5
  6. There's really not a whole lot we can do from here. You say you've disabled
    virtually everything. You say your disc is good. It's clearly not working
    still. I don't know what to tell you. Except that there is either a hardware
    problem (RAM?) or the CD is bad.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64


    yashrg wrote:
    > the disc is perfectly fine. I have even disabled the usb controllers
    > now but still the installation wont progress...please help me out
    > someone.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 28, 2006
    #6
  7. Hello,
    Reboot the computer and let setup continue.
    If it fails, reboot the computer and let setup continue.
    Repeat.
    Basically setup detects the it fails and attempts to bypass the offending
    target device with each subsequent reboot.
    Since some devices have multiple targets, multiple reboots may be required.
    Also grab and post the pnplog.txt, this only gets generated when you have
    devices causing problems that will be skipped on the restart of setup.

    Reference the article on the issue.
    828267 Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;828267

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    --------------------
    <From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    <References: <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <Subject: Re: Repair installation of win xp x64 stops at installing devices
    <Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:23:06 -0700
    <Lines: 16
    <X-Priority: 3
    <X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    <X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.3790.2725
    <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2725
    <X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
    <Message-ID: <>
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <NNTP-Posting-Host: h24-207-96-14.cst.dccnet.com 24.207.96.14
    <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl
    <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:39251
    <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <There's really not a whole lot we can do from here. You say you've
    disabled
    <virtually everything. You say your disc is good. It's clearly not working
    <still. I don't know what to tell you. Except that there is either a
    hardware
    <problem (RAM?) or the CD is bad.
    <
    <--
    <Charlie.
    <http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <
    <
    <yashrg wrote:
    <> the disc is perfectly fine. I have even disabled the usb controllers
    <> now but still the installation wont progress...please help me out
    <> someone.
    <
    <
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 29, 2006
    #7
  8. yashrg

    yashrg Guest

    hey darrel, I hae noticed that the pnplog file has been generated every
    time I run the repair intall. and he longer I let it run (at the 34
    minutes left stage) the longer the file is. I had left it runing
    overnight a day ago and it was the longest I had seen. but I forgot to
    copy it and ran the setup again....

    this is what my last pnplog file shows...
    STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE00=Generic
    volume
    STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Generic
    volume
    ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    Address Map Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    Miscellaneous Configuration
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    standard ISA bridge
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    Network Bus Enumerator
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    PS/2 Keyboard
    ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
    [EnumeratedDevices]
    STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456OffsetC34F2CC00LengthBD5D64800=Generic
    volume
    ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    yashrg, Aug 29, 2006
    #8
  9. Hello,
    Sorry I missed the first posting of the file.
    From the variety of the items listed in the log file, I suspect we are
    timing out the detection of numerous class installers when we detect those
    devices.
    I would normally expect to see a grouping of similar items in the pnplog
    file. With this I see scattered items from different installers.
    I suspect bad hardware somewhere or hardware that is not seated properly.
    I think we are seeing a lot of noise on the system that is interfering with
    the detection process.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    --------------------
    <From: "yashrg" <>
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <Subject: Re: Repair installation of win xp x64 stops at installing devices
    <Date: 28 Aug 2006 20:08:53 -0700
    <Organization: http://groups.google.com
    <Lines: 43
    <Message-ID: <>
    <References: <>
    < <>
    < <>
    < <>
    < <>
    < <>
    <NNTP-Posting-Host: 59.95.7.107
    <Mime-Version: 1.0
    <Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    <X-Trace: posting.google.com 1156820938 30526 127.0.0.1 (29 Aug 2006
    03:08:58 GMT)
    <X-Complaints-To:
    <NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:08:58 +0000 (UTC)
    <In-Reply-To: <>
    <User-Agent: G2/0.2
    <X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
    <Complaints-To:
    <Injection-Info: b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com; posting-host=59.95.7.107;
    < posting-account=lBiCmg0AAAClzyp7PI0mg6NJCe6M2tAj
    <Path:
    TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEE
    DS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganew
    s.com!novia!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!216.196.98.140.MISMAT
    CH!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!b28g2
    000cwb.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
    <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:39280
    <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <hey darrel, I hae noticed that the pnplog file has been generated every
    <time I run the repair intall. and he longer I let it run (at the 34
    <minutes left stage) the longer the file is. I had left it runing
    <overnight a day ago and it was the longest I had seen. but I forgot to
    <copy it and ran the setup again....
    <
    <this is what my last pnplog file shows...
    <STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE0
    0=Generic
    <volume
    <STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Gen
    eric
    <volume
    <ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    <ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    <ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    <ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    <ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    <ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    <ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    <PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    <HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    <PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    <Address Map Configuration
    <PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    <and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    <PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    <Miscellaneous Configuration
    <PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    <standard ISA bridge
    <PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    <Network Bus Enumerator
    <PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    <OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    <PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    <Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    <ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    <PS/2 Keyboard
    <ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    <ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
    <[EnumeratedDevices]
    <STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456OffsetC34F2CC00LengthBD5D64800=
    Generic
    <volume
    <ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    <
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 29, 2006
    #9
  10. Are you using SATA? If so, sometimes the drivers on the x64 cd are not fully
    compatible with x64. I had to dl drivers from the chipset manufacturer and
    load them from a floppy. Also, did you install any virtual device drivers
    such as those with Daemon Tools? These can sometimes cause problems. Does
    kind of sound like bad media though as already stated.
    --
    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
    please?"



    "yashrg" wrote:

    >
    > thanks Matilda, but i dont know if there is a way to boot into the
    > unrepaired system...even I`d like to quit the installation and try to
    > boot into the windows xp x64 older version.I`ll check my cd for errors
    > now...
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 29, 2006
    #10
  11. Oh yeah, sometimes I think windows can not find the drivers that were updated
    after you installed while you are doing a Repair installation and looks for
    those instead of the default drivers. If you can, uncompress all your
    updated drivers and burn them to a cd then about the point that windows
    starts trying to detect hardware see if it will seach the cd and load them
    there.

    --
    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
    please?"



    "Matilda" wrote:

    > It may be that your installation CD is bad. If you have a scratch or dirt on
    > it, that may cause it to hang. I have my doubts that it is because of some
    > piece of hardware you have, especially since you tried disconnecting the
    > hardware you could. If you can still boot to your "un-repaired system", you
    > might try to explore the CD to see if you can access all the files.
    > --
    > 9edge1st
    >
    >
    > "yashrg" wrote:
    >
    > > I have waited for hours at the "34 minures remaining milestone" but
    > > nothing happens. it just waits at that particular point indefinately. I
    > > read on another thread somewhere that it might happen because of some
    > > hardware not being able to install so I unplugged all the hardware
    > > right to the sound card and disabled the lan ports and removed all
    > > devices from usb. but am still not able to get past that. I also
    > > checked the pnplog file this is what it has
    > >
    > > [EnumeratedDevices]
    > > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE00=Generic
    > > volume
    > > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Generic
    > > volume
    > > ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    > > ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    > > ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    > > ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    > > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    > > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    > > ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    > > HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    > > Address Map Configuration
    > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    > > and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    > > Miscellaneous Configuration
    > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    > > standard ISA bridge
    > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    > > Network Bus Enumerator
    > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    > > OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    > > Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    > > ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    > > PS/2 Keyboard
    > > ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    > > ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
    > >
    > > can someone help me now?
    > >
    > >
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 29, 2006
    #11
  12. I had this problem on two different computers in the last two weeks while
    trying to repair XP. Both somehow became corrupt and wouldn't boot. The log
    showed a continuous hardware error loop. Too bad I didn't have your
    suggestion then. I thought it might have been a worm since it happened on
    two pc's in two different homes. I ended up doing a clean install of XP on
    both pc's. No way to do transfer of files and settings. Just had to install
    to a clean drive and pull everything manually from the drives.

    "DeathNACan" wrote:

    > Oh yeah, sometimes I think windows can not find the drivers that were updated
    > after you installed while you are doing a Repair installation and looks for
    > those instead of the default drivers. If you can, uncompress all your
    > updated drivers and burn them to a cd then about the point that windows
    > starts trying to detect hardware see if it will seach the cd and load them
    > there.
    >
    > --
    > Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    > saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
    > please?"
    >
    >
    >
    > "Matilda" wrote:
    >
    > > It may be that your installation CD is bad. If you have a scratch or dirt on
    > > it, that may cause it to hang. I have my doubts that it is because of some
    > > piece of hardware you have, especially since you tried disconnecting the
    > > hardware you could. If you can still boot to your "un-repaired system", you
    > > might try to explore the CD to see if you can access all the files.
    > > --
    > > 9edge1st
    > >
    > >
    > > "yashrg" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have waited for hours at the "34 minures remaining milestone" but
    > > > nothing happens. it just waits at that particular point indefinately. I
    > > > read on another thread somewhere that it might happen because of some
    > > > hardware not being able to install so I unplugged all the hardware
    > > > right to the sound card and disabled the lan ports and removed all
    > > > devices from usb. but am still not able to get past that. I also
    > > > checked the pnplog file this is what it has
    > > >
    > > > [EnumeratedDevices]
    > > > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset180AC91400Length222DC1EE00=Generic
    > > > volume
    > > > STORAGE\Volume\1&30a96598&0&Signature4560456Offset7E0000LengthC3474CC00=Generic
    > > > volume
    > > > ACPI\FixedButton\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fixed Feature Button
    > > > ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM=ACPI Thermal Zone
    > > > ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Power Button
    > > > ACPI\PNP0C0B\2&daba3ff&0=ACPI Fan
    > > > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_1=AMD K8 Processor
    > > > ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_AMD64_Family_15_Model_43\_0=AMD K8 Processor
    > > > ACPI\ATK0110\1010110=ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    > > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1100&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C0=AMD
    > > > HyperTransport(tm) Configuration
    > > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1101&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C1=AMD
    > > > Address Map Configuration
    > > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1102&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C2=AMD DRAM
    > > > and HyperTransport(tm) Trace Mode Configuration
    > > > PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1103&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&0&C3=AMD
    > > > Miscellaneous Configuration
    > > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0050&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&08=PCI
    > > > standard ISA bridge
    > > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&50=NVIDIA
    > > > Network Bus Enumerator
    > > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005A&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&2411e6fe&0&10=Standard
    > > > OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    > > > PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_005B&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A3\3&2411e6fe&0&11=Standard
    > > > Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    > > > ACPI\PNP0303\3&2411e6fe&0=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural
    > > > PS/2 Keyboard
    > > > ACPI\PNP0401\1=ECP Printer Port
    > > > ACPI\PNPB006\3&2411e6fe&0=MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
    > > >
    > > > can someone help me now?
    > > >
    > > >
    =?Utf-8?B?SmV3ZWxzSA==?=, Sep 30, 2006
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. noname
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    535
    Peter Peters
    Jul 27, 2004
  2. MaryL
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    4,076
    MaryL
    Feb 28, 2004
  3. Replies:
    12
    Views:
    1,528
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmFuZGh1?=

    Win 2003 x64 Installation

    =?Utf-8?B?TmFuZGh1?=, Sep 18, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    674
    Charlie Russel - MVP
    Sep 19, 2005
  5. s
    Replies:
    38
    Views:
    3,071
    Aardvark
    Feb 12, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page