    cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
    Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
    CDROM.

    Nick, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Nick

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:49:31 -0000, "Nick" <>
    wrote:

    >A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
    >,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
    >ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
    >cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
    >Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
    >CDROM.

    Just reinstall it from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.asp

    Further Info:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q194177
    http://aumha.org/elist/trenches.htm
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm

    How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
    in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-03.html

    Unk, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Nick

    wrote:

    >A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
    >,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
    >ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
    >cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
    >Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
    >CDROM.

    Here's another way:
    This is the small installer for IE6. It doesn't even require a browser,
    just an internet connection.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/ie6setup.exe
    You can also just copy & paste the entire above link line into the Start,
    Run box. (It works, I already tried it)

    Right-click the link and "Save Target As". Save the small installer (479K)
    to a floppy. Run it on his machine with an internet connection.

    Unk, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Cheers mate ,,downloaded ,give it a go ,,,but i feel a FORMAT coming on.

    Nick, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Nick

    mAineAc Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 00:49:31 +0000, Nick wrote:

    > A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
    > ,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
    > ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
    > cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
    > Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
    > CDROM.

    go to start >> run type 'sfc /scannow'

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Jan 2, 2004