    Hope someone can help with this.

    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi
    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Mike the Kiwi

    Brian Guest

    "Mike the Kiwi" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
    >
    > I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point

    because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
    > show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am

    unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
    > Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even

    a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
    > the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
    > Hope someone can help with this.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Mike the Kiwi

    not free but apparently the demo would still do the job for you.. and it has
    worked for others (a mate of mine used the demo for a "one off" rescue..
    also, i suppose it depends to which extent they are damaged/corrupt..

    http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Mike the Kiwi

    effi Guest

    try renaming the files (right click on thumbnail, select rename) and making
    sure the file ends in .jpg

    if not, add .jpg to the end of the file name

    sometimes if the .jpg isn't on the end of the file name, it won't show a
    thumbnail pic

    effi, Jan 12, 2005
  4. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:47:59 +1300, "Mike the Kiwi" <> wrote:

    >Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
    >
    >I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
    >show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
    >Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
    >the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
    >Hope someone can help with this.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Mike the Kiwi

    You might be able to open the jpeg in a different viewer, like ACDSee
    or Irfanview. Then you can do a Save as... on it. Save it to the
    same name, and the corrected file overwrites the bad one.
    Thomas Williamson, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Mike the Kiwi

    afturburn

    Joined: