    taken. This generally worked but the photos now show postage stamp size on
    a 39 inch TV. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Is there another program I might use?

    Ed Mullikin, Dec 26, 2006

  2. Ed Mullikin

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote in message
    news:xffkh.15802$...
    >I was in India for three weeks and have nearly 1,000 photos. In the
    >evening, I'd look over the day's photos in the camera. I might enlarge
    >some and save them. The saved enlargement would then be out of
    >numerical sequence with the original photos in my camera's card. Now
    >that I'm back I want to do a slide show using my camera hooked up to
    >the TV. I want the subject matter to follow logically. I tried using
    >Irfanview sorting by date taken. This generally worked but the photos
    >now show postage stamp size on a 39 inch TV. What am I doing wrong?
    >Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there another program I might
    >use?

    Not free, but you might check out Proshow Gold from Photodex
    ( http://www.photodex.com ) I have used it for several years and
    been quite happy with it (couple of bugs, but workable). Generates
    a nice DVD, exe or several other forms of slideshow with music,
    transitions and other stuff. There are others, but that is the one I
    have used the most. (they just released version 3.0 with some new
    cool features).

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Dec 26, 2006

  3. Ed Mullikin

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    I'll contact the company. Thanks.

    Ed Mullikin, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Ed Mullikin

    Mike Fields Guest

    Also check out the support forum (there are several actually)
    at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php
    There is a section there for people to post links to sample
    shows they have done. Gives you some really great ideas
    what can be done with the software (you do have to install
    a "viewer", but that is no big deal and has no hidden "things"
    in it or "phone home" feature. Sometimes the best thing you
    can do is see what others have done with layers, transitions
    multiple images etc.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Ed Mullikin

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ed Mullikin wrote:
    > I'll contact the company. Thanks.
    > "Mike Fields" <spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
    >> "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote in message
    >>> I was in India for three weeks and have nearly 1,000 photos. In the
    >>> evening, I'd look over the day's photos in the camera. I might enlarge
    >>> some and save them. The saved enlargement would then be out of numerical
    >>> sequence with the original photos in my camera's card. Now that I'm back
    >>> I want to do a slide show using my camera hooked up to the TV. I want the
    >>> subject matter to follow logically. I tried using Irfanview sorting by
    >>> date taken. This generally worked but the photos now show postage stamp
    >>> size on a 39 inch TV. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be
    >>> appreciated. Is there another program I might use?

    >> Not free, but you might check out Proshow Gold from Photodex
    >> ( http://www.photodex.com ) I have used it for several years and
    >> been quite happy with it (couple of bugs, but workable). Generates
    >> a nice DVD, exe or several other forms of slideshow with music,
    >> transitions and other stuff. There are others, but that is the one I
    >> have used the most. (they just released version 3.0 with some new
    >> cool features).
    >>
    >> mikey

    I got one with my burner, MyDVD. I tried a trial version of something
    else (think it was ulead) but didn't like it.
    Here's the thing I've found. MyDVD works as advertized, but the controls
    on the remote do things other than what I want. All this software will
    let you set a delay time between shots (plus other fluff stuff like
    fade). However, I find it very useful to be able to override this set
    delay time either by skipping to next slide or delay using pause control.
    My daughter made up a slide show using MS Powerpoint. I've never used
    that app. but if you have it, it seems to do a decent job. Again, I
    can't override the play mode using the remote and get the result I want.
    Of course, it might be my player, so all I can suggest is you get a
    trial version of whatever you get and see how it behaves on your setup.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 27, 2006