    i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
    i need about 1&1/2 hrs
    i have windows xp
    hunty, Jan 30, 2004

  2. hunty

    MrToad Guest

    "hunty" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
    > i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
    > i need about 1&1/2 hrs
    > i have windows xp

    IIRC, most 3rd party mp3 players will do this, [select the proper input
    source].
    Winamp,
    Jet Audio,
    MusicMatch, etc.

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Jan 30, 2004

  3. hunty

    Sheki_Sheki Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:19:47 -0600, "hunty"
    <> wrote:

    >i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
    >i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
    >i need about 1&1/2 hrs
    >i have windows xp
    >Sound recorder can be made to record whatever length that will fit in memory.

    Initially it appears that only 60 seconds are available but longer
    recordings are possible by recording a blank minute and then saving it
    as 1minblank.wav. Next click edit and then insert. Choose to insert
    the just saved 1minblank.wav.Then continue to repeat that process
    until you have saved a 10 minute blank. Then repeat the process using
    the 10 minute blank until you have a file of 90 minutes. That will be
    about 60MB. When you want to make a recording using the 90 minute
    blank be sure to load it and save it with a new name,preserving the
    original 90 blank.
    Sheki_Sheki, Jan 30, 2004
  4. hunty

    Ron Guest

    anon@.xxx (Sheki_Sheki) wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:19:47 -0600, "hunty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
    > >i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
    > >i need about 1&1/2 hrs
    > >i have windows xp
    > >Sound recorder can be made to record whatever length that will fit in memory.

    > Initially it appears that only 60 seconds are available but longer
    > recordings are possible by recording a blank minute and then saving it
    > as 1minblank.wav. Next click edit and then insert. Choose to insert
    > the just saved 1minblank.wav.Then continue to repeat that process
    > until you have saved a 10 minute blank. Then repeat the process using
    > the 10 minute blank until you have a file of 90 minutes. That will be
    > about 60MB. When you want to make a recording using the 90 minute
    > blank be sure to load it and save it with a new name,preserving the
    > original 90 blank.

    I've bought a software Super Mp3 Recorder which records as long as
    your hard disc allows.
    Ron, Jan 31, 2004
  5. hunty

    Ron Guest