    driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
    older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?

    Thanks, Steve.
    Steve, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Steve

    Dgates Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:55:10 -0700, "Steve" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >After perusing several online rental sites I'm unable to find for rent some
    >older award winning movies (King of Jazz, Disraeli, The Divorcee, etc). I
    >live midway between Los Angeles and San Diego and have no problem with
    >driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
    >older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?
    >
    >Thanks, Steve.

    The usual places listed for finding obscure videos in Los Angeles can
    be found at this URL:

    http://losangeles.citysearch.com/best/results/7857/

    1 Vidiots
    302 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
    Looking for independent movies on the Westside? Be a Vidiot.

    2 Videoactive
    2522 Hyperion Ave, Los Angeles, CA
    Find a huge selection of offbeat titles at this tiny tape emporium.

    3 Mondo Video A-go-go
    4328 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA
    Part video rental store and part community center for the damned--a
    must-see for any practicing deviant.

    4 Rocket Video
    726 N LA Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA
    Launch your passion for foreign film at this inviting and
    unpretentious art-house video store.

    5 Cinefile Video
    11280 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
    Indie video rental shop showcases the best in orangutang comedies,
    cautionary cult classics and other obscure flicks.

    Here are a couple other similar URLs (found by doing a Google search
    for "vidiots go-go eddie brandt cinefile" without the quotes)):

    http://www.debbiesbook.com/catalog/V/B1429.html

    http://www.brendarees.com/sampleclips/videostores.htm

    (These both have phone numbers for the stores)

    Dgates, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Steve wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > After perusing several online rental sites I'm unable to find for rent some
    > older award winning movies (King of Jazz, Disraeli, The Divorcee, etc). I
    > live midway between Los Angeles and San Diego and have no problem with
    > driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
    > older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?
    >
    > Thanks, Steve.

    In SD, there is an independent video place called Blowout Video off of
    Rosecrans in SD. From 5 South, take the I8/Rosecrans exit and stay
    right. This will put you on Rosecrans, now go strait (you'll pass a
    couple strip clubs, In'N'Out & Del Taco, and a couple lights)until
    Midway street and it will be on your right. They got some good deals
    for sale as well as rent.

    Adios,
    ~Nick
    Nicholas Andrade, Oct 10, 2003