  1. jazu

    jazu Guest

    Is that true that rental DVD have some safety feature to prevent copying?

    jazu, Oct 11, 2005

  2. jazu

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:43:59 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:

    >Is that true that rental DVD have some safety feature to prevent copying?

    yes, and it's exactly the same as the "safety features" of purchased DVDs.

    DVD players output a defective NTSC signal in the form of macrovision. Modern
    TV sets are built to ignore the defect while modern VCRs will either record at a
    constantly changing brightness level or refuse to record at all.

    AZ Nomad, Oct 11, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    AZ Nomad <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:43:59 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:
    >

    >>Is that true that rental DVD have some safety feature to prevent copying?

    >yes, and it's exactly the same as the "safety features" of purchased DVDs.

    >DVD players output a defective NTSC signal in the form of macrovision. Modern
    >TV sets are built to ignore the defect while modern VCRs will either record at a
    >constantly changing brightness level or refuse to record at all.

    And the DVRs will issue a note on the screen and say 'prohibited'.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Oct 11, 2005
  4. jazu

    jazu Guest

    What about doing copy on computer?

    jazu, Oct 11, 2005
  5. jazu

    nb Guest

    Rental dvds are the same as the ones you buy in a store, they both have the
    same copyright protection.

    nb, Oct 11, 2005
  6. jazu

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:43 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:

    >What about doing copy on computer?

    Forget it. Anybody who has to go to a newsgroup to ask is too fucking stupid
    to copy a dvd successfully.

    AZ Nomad, Oct 11, 2005
  7. jazu

    Richard C. Guest

    "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message news:...
    > Is that true that rental DVD have some safety feature to prevent copying?

    ===============================
    If you are in the US, there is NO difference between rental DVDs and the
    ones you buy.
    They are all the same.
    Many have copy protection.

    Richard C., Oct 11, 2005
  8. jazu

    jazu Guest

    "AZ Nomad" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:43 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:
    >

    >>What about doing copy on computer?

    > Forget it. Anybody who has to go to a newsgroup to ask is too fucking
    > stupid
    > to copy a dvd successfully.

    I didn't ask how to copy, but someone is too fucking stupid to read and
    understand my question.

    jazu, Oct 11, 2005
  9. jazu

    Justin Guest

    jazu wrote on [Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:20:02 -0700]:

    > "AZ Nomad" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:43 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What about doing copy on computer?

    >> Forget it. Anybody who has to go to a newsgroup to ask is too fucking
    >> stupid
    >> to copy a dvd successfully.

    > I didn't ask how to copy, but someone is too fucking stupid to read and
    > understand my question.

    Anyone who asks "what about doing copy on computer" is a moron.

    Justin, Oct 11, 2005
  10. jazu

    Nonymous Guest

    "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message news:...

    > "AZ Nomad" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:43 -0700, jazu <nospam> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What about doing copy on computer?

    >> Forget it. Anybody who has to go to a newsgroup to ask is too fucking
    >> stupid
    >> to copy a dvd successfully.

    > I didn't ask how to copy, but someone is too fucking stupid to read and
    > understand my question.

    To stupid to read? Yeah, "doing copy on computer" is real intelligent
    writing.

    Nonymous, Oct 12, 2005
  11. jazu

    jazu Guest

    >> I didn't ask how to copy, but someone is too fucking stupid to read and
    >> understand my question.

    > To stupid to read? Yeah, "doing copy on computer" is real intelligent
    > writing.

    Cut me some slack(?), I'm ESL

    jazu, Oct 13, 2005
  12. jazu

    Nonymous Guest

    "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message news:...

    >>> I didn't ask how to copy, but someone is too fucking stupid to read and
    >>> understand my question.

    >> To stupid to read? Yeah, "doing copy on computer" is real intelligent
    >> writing.

    > Cut me some slack(?), I'm ESL

    OK, then don't call people stupid for not being able to understand you.

    Nonymous, Oct 15, 2005
  13. jazu

    jazu Guest

    "Nonymous" <> wrote in message

    > "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message

    >>> To stupid to read? Yeah, "doing copy on computer" is real intelligent
    >>> writing.

    >> Cut me some slack(?), I'm ESL

    > OK, then don't call people stupid for not being able to understand you.

    What exactly they didn't understand?

    jazu, Oct 15, 2005
  14. jazu

    Justin Guest

    jazu wrote on [Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:34:00 -0700]:

    > "Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message

    >>> Cut me some slack(?), I'm ESL

    >> OK, then don't call people stupid for not being able to understand you.

    > What exactly they didn't understand?

    You. First you didn't say what country you were in when you were asking
    if DVDs for rent are different. It depends on the country.

    Second, you're too fucking lazy to type "copy dvd" into google and
    figure out what you want.

    Justin, Oct 16, 2005