    problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
    address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
    wireless connection?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    Make sure that the Uninstalled manger is really uninstalled and does not run
    ant thing in the background.
    These two utilities might help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Then follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 15, 2007

  3. Jack, thanks for help. I tried the first link, downloaded and tried to
    repair with each box checked, one at a time, but this failed to fix the
    problem. Don't have time today to try the other link. Will update when I
    do. Thanks again, Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Jul 16, 2007
  4. It just means your machine isn't getting an IP from DHCP. Make sure the
    wireless system you connect to provides DHCP. If it happens to be a Linksys
    box, then power cycle it,...sometimes they just stop giving out addresses
    for no reason.

    If nothing else, statically configure TCP/IP with setting compatible with
    the network it is connecting to and verify everything else works, then
    troubleshoot DHCP after that. If there is still trouble with static
    addressing being used,..then fixing that will probably also fix the DHCP
    issue.

    Also having too weak of wireless signal or too low of signal quality can
    cause trouble like this.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com