    kpwood Guest

    Do you have to renew either of the MCDST exams to stay current? If so, how
    many years is it current and is it only one exam or both?
    kpwood, May 21, 2006

  2. The MCDST like the other current legacy certifications have no expiration,
    and is still current technology. The newer certifications such as MCPD,
    MCITP, and the new MCTS will however expire at the end of the products life
    cycle form which the certification was derived.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    It is the mark of an educated man to be able to
    entertain a thought without accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    The Rev [MCT], May 21, 2006

  3. kpwood

    kpwood Guest

    Cool, Thanks!

    kpwood, May 21, 2006
  4. kpwood

    CocoaNut Guest

    I've heard that the MCDST is updated to be based upon new operating systems
    as old ones retire. For instance, I believe that the MCDST cert. used to be
    based upon Windows NT Workstation. Does anyone know if this is true? If so,
    if one becomes MCDST certified sometime, say, this year, how would this
    affect him/her later (i.e., would this only be valid for Windows XP, and
    would they have to take MCDST again if they wanted to stay current with
    Vista?). In other words, what happens when the certification test changes?

    Thanks,
    CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 24, 2006
  5. The MCDST launched in 2004 and Windows XP is the only version in existence.
    As for plans to push it up to Vista...I don't know, since they are changing
    the certs.

    The Rev [MCT], May 24, 2006
  6. kpwood

    CocoaNut Guest

    Hmmm... Good to know. I wonder if the MCDST cert. will still be valuable in a
    couple years before XP is retired.

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 24, 2006
  7. kpwood

    Luke Guest

    There will undoubtably be some kind of "upgrade" exam for all of the MCDST
    certificed people.

    And even if there isn't there will be a new exam/s, but I don't think were
    going to see the end of XP for quite some time yet : )

    Luke, May 28, 2006
  8. kpwood

    CocoaNut Guest

    Good point.

    I vaugly remember a list of when Windows operating systems have/will
    retired. I tried Googling it, but couldn't come up with anything. Has anyone
    ever seen such a list?

    Thanks,
    CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 28, 2006