    limited or no connectivity. I been to the comand and typed ipconfig /relesed,
    than ipconfig /renew and got this messege: the requested service provider
    could not be loded or initialized. any ideas on how i can fix this thing.
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kZmVk?=, Nov 16, 2005

  2. In news:,
    rodfed <> typed:
    > im runing Windos XP Pro SP2 and now i cant get to the internet. now
    > it says limited or no connectivity. I been to the comand and typed
    > ipconfig /relesed, than ipconfig /renew and got this messege: the
    > requested service provider could not be loded or initialized. any
    > ideas on how i can fix this thing.

    Can you right-click / repair the connection in your network connections
    window?
    What has changed since this last worked?
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 16, 2005

  3. I'm having a similar problem. Nothing that I know of has changed since last
    time I connected. Now I try to connect, my computer shows 4 full green bars
    and says I have 54.0 mbps, but it won't connect, goes straight to "limited or
    no connectivity." I click repair, it doesn't connect, it stops and tells me
    it can't renew my IP address. Says to talk to my network provider, but I
    don't think that's my problem, becuase I've got another computer connected to
    the network.

    Grrr.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Nov 17, 2005
  4. I had this exact same problem for weeks and found that a lot of other people
    do to, who suggested removing win updates, this does not work. The problem
    is spyware has changed settings in your registry to stop you from connecting
    to the network.

    The workaround is to run Adaware and Spybot to clean up your system, this
    may still not fix the problem so then you need to run a program called
    WinsockXPFix.exe to return your registry to it's orignal settings. I found
    this URL useful: www.iup.edu/house/resnet/winfix.shtm. Follow the
    instructions and everything should be ok.

    Plus my system now seems to be running a lot quicker than before.

    =?Utf-8?B?TXIgVA==?=, Nov 18, 2005