    possible or he has to retake the A+ again? Anyone had certified and changed
    their name on the new certification card?

    Thank You.
    Raymond, Feb 26, 2004

  2. On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:13:04 -0500, "Kathy" <> wrote:

    >I was thinking the same thing!
    >
    >"MSCNLN" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I dont understand, why do you need to change your name to become a
    >> citizen?
    >>

    >> MSCNLN
    >> Sign up for free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US

    >----
    >> View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1036028.html

    It doesn't say that he has to change his name...it may be his desire
    to change his name to Americanize it, or he may be under a mistaken
    (?) idea that it is required.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Raymond

    ChrisW Guest

    The answer is yes he can.

    Kathy wrote:
    > I was thinking the same thing!
    >
    > "MSCNLN" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I dont understand, why do you need to change your name to become a
    >>citizen?

    Quite a few Asians change there names when they become citizens, so they fit in
    better because a lot of Americans can not pronounce there names. I have a few
    close chinese friends and all have either changed there names or shortened them
    up for this reason.

    ChrisW

    ChrisW, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Raymond

    ChrisW Guest

    Kathy wrote:
    > Thanks.... I didn't know that.... I have korean friends that never
    > changed their names, so I was curious.

    One of my friends is from Hong Kong and his name is Bill William, so I asked him
    one day if in fact he had changed it and why. I also asked him how come "Bill
    William" and he stated he liked the play on names.

    ChrisW, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Raymond

    Raymond Guest

    To be a U.S citizen is like an A+ certified tech. You must pass a written
    and oral exam about American history. And yes, there is a heavy fee just
    like the A+, 310 bucks. Upon taking the exams, you have a choice to keep
    your native country name or change your name into an Ameican name. And that
    Japanese guy I talked about just got here for only 3 years. He won't be
    able to take that u.s citizen exams until his 5th years in the united
    states. However, he wants to be A+ certified now, and receive the
    certification card, but he wonders if he can change his card with a new name
    later. Not sure if comptia will make him take the test again after changing
    his name.

    Raymond, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Raymond

    not me Guest

    Hi

    My question is to the ladies out there who are A + certified and
    consequently got married and changed there names, Did you have any issues
    with this. I would think that Comptia would have some provision for this.

    My thoughts

    Chris

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    > A friend of mine, he is from Japan and he wants to get A+ Certify but he

    is

    not me, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Here's what it says on the FAQ at comptia :

    What is the procedure if I have changed my name and would like a new
    certificate to reflect this change?
    a.. Once you have logged into your record, click on New Incident . You
    will be required to complete a new incident advising CompTIA that you are in
    need of a new certificate and ID card due to a name change. CompTIA will
    require legal documentation of your name changes (i.e. marriage license,
    divorce decree, etc...) faxed (xxx-xxxx-xxxxx) to the attention of our
    fulfillment department, along with the reprint application form. There is a
    $15.00 fee for each new certificate requested.

    Hope this clears it up!

    JM

    ---
    Jonathan Miles, Feb 28, 2004