    XP Explorer the file extension is not shown except in the details on the
    lower left.
    It is possible before the files are associated to program. Any help?TIA.

    tony p, Jan 22, 2006

  2. tony p

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dr09d9$jeh$,
    tony p spewed forth:
    > Need to rename some files from xxxxxx.yyyyyy.m4v to xxxxxx.yyyyyy.mp4
    > but in XP Explorer the file extension is not shown except in the
    > details on the lower left.
    > It is possible before the files are associated to program. Any
    > help?TIA.

    Tell WIndows to display file extensions. Open My Computer, click on Tools,
    Folder options, them the View tab. In that window, find the checkmark in
    front of "Hide extensions for known file types" and remove it.

    While you're there, look at the rest of the list and see if there's any
    other changes you'd like to make...

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006

  3. tony p

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:46:43 +0100, tony p wrote:

    > Need to rename some files from xxxxxx.yyyyyy.m4v to xxxxxx.yyyyyy.mp4 but in
    > XP Explorer the file extension is not shown except in the details on the
    > lower left.
    > It is possible before the files are associated to program. Any help?TIA.

    right click on the file and chose rename.

    Meat Plow, Jan 22, 2006
  4. tony p

    tony p Guest

    Thanks Toolman Tim

    tony p, Jan 22, 2006
  5. tony p

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dr0cg5$o3a$,
    tony p spewed forth:
    > Thanks Toolman Tim

    You're welcome!

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006
  6. tony p

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sun, 22 Jan 2006
    08:12:41 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "Toolman Tim"
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    >In news:dr09d9$jeh$,
    >tony p spewed forth:
    >> Need to rename some files from xxxxxx.yyyyyy.m4v to

    xxxxxx.yyyyyy.mp4
    >> but in XP Explorer the file extension is not shown except in the
    >> details on the lower left.
    >> It is possible before the files are associated to program. Any
    >> help?TIA.

    >Tell WIndows to display file extensions. Open My Computer, click on

    Tools,
    >Folder options, them the View tab. In that window, find the checkmark

    in
    >front of "Hide extensions for known file types" and remove it.

    Why the fuk did they make that default???

    >While you're there, look at the rest of the list and see if there's

    any
    >other changes you'd like to make...

    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."

    Frosty, Jan 23, 2006
  7. tony p

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Frosty spewed forth:
    > What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sun, 22 Jan 2006
    > 08:12:41 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "Toolman Tim"
    > <> from this open and apparent shame?:
    >
    >> In news:dr09d9$jeh$,
    >> tony p spewed forth:
    >>> Need to rename some files from xxxxxx.yyyyyy.m4v to
    >>> xxxxxx.yyyyyy.mp4 but in XP Explorer the file extension is not
    >>> shown except in the details on the lower left.
    >>> It is possible before the files are associated to program. Any
    >>> help?TIA.

    >> Tell WIndows to display file extensions. Open My Computer, click on
    >> Tools, Folder options, them the View tab. In that window, find the
    >> checkmark in front of "Hide extensions for known file types" and
    >> remove it.

    > Why the fuk did they make that default???

    Dunno - prettier lists in Explorer maybe? Why did they turn off the Quick
    Launch by default? Why do they screw with lot's of things?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 23, 2006
  8. tony p

    Frosty Guest

    Re: Renaming files...WHY?

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Mon, 23 Jan 2006
    11:21:48 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "Toolman Tim"
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    <...>

    >> Why the fuk did they make that default???
    >>

    >Dunno - prettier lists in Explorer maybe? Why did they turn off the

    Quick
    >Launch by default? Why do they screw with lot's of things?

    I don't know.

    ‹(•¿•)›

    Frosty, Jan 25, 2006
  9. tony p

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: Renaming files...WHY?

    In news:,
    Frosty spewed forth:
    > What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Mon, 23 Jan 2006
    > 11:21:48 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "Toolman Tim"
    > <> from this open and apparent shame?:
    >
    > <...>
    >>>
    >>> Why the fuk did they make that default???
    >>>

    >> Dunno - prettier lists in Explorer maybe? Why did they turn off the
    >> Quick Launch by default? Why do they screw with lot's of things?

    > I don't know.
    >
    > <(.¿.)>

    I think maybe the term "dum fuks" might apply <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2006